Resize the widgets with 3.1 : info

inphoenix

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
So you just got 3.1 update and are getting frustrated over resizing widgets? So far I was able to resize only gmail widget. I guess other widgets don't support it yet. I tried facebook and cnn widgets but they don't resize.

For resizing you need to click and hold down the widget display. A border will appear which can be dragged to desired size. Try gmail and you will get an idea.

HTH someone.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Bookmarks also works.

For 3rd party apps, you will have to wait for the apps to get updated. Google said it is really easy to add widget resizing.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
So you just got 3.1 update and are getting frustrated over resizing widgets? So far I was able to resize only gmail widget. I guess other widgets don't support it yet. I tried facebook and cnn widgets but they don't resize.

For resizing you need to click and hold down the widget display. A border will appear which can be dragged to desired size. Try gmail and you will get an idea.

HTH someone.

I think they only meant the scrollable widgets to be resized...not normal ones

FloatingCoder

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Any widget can be made to be resizeable, but it is a specific code change, so each widget will need to be updated by the developer before it can be resize.