Xbox 360 controller on Xoom?

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Here is one that doesn't work:
Amazon.com: USB Micro B (M) to USB A (F) Adapter - Converts USB Micro B Devices to Full Size USB A!: Electronics

The 2 reviews said it did but the product details do not indicate it is an OTG/host. Its one of the first results that come up on amazon if you search Xoom usb host.

I've re-ordered from this ebay seller
but can't vouche for it yet.

That's the one I use and it works for controllers and for transferring picture from a digital camera.

JohnnyBlaze

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Here is one that doesn't work:
Amazon.com: USB Micro B (M) to USB A (F) Adapter - Converts USB Micro B Devices to Full Size USB A!: Electronics

The 2 reviews said it did but the product details do not indicate it is an OTG/host. Its one of the first results that come up on amazon if you search Xoom usb host.

I have no idea what the deal is or why some will not work with the Xoom because mine does. I had been looking for one for a while and saw that one on Amazon but with a reviewer saying it didn't work I stayed away. My friend came to me a few days later and showed me that it did in fact work (he plugged in a PS3 controller right in front of me and played Star Fox) so I ordered one and I can confirm that it will allow a PS3 controller to work on your Xoom.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
need to see if this works...

24y372v.jpg

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
WIRELESS! video, pics, and writeup xbox controller on xoom

Google had shown at the 2011 IO Keynote that an xbox 360 controller can be used on the Xoom as a USB peripheral. Anyone know how to get this working?

So, I had some old hardware laying around, the xbox wireless reciever. Couldn't believe it worked immediately and easily ! this video and a few pics, shows you the WIRELESS magic. Very very cool, and nice to play while sitting back with NO CABLE!

A few more Flickr Pics of the project
my blog writeup with product links.
Order this stuff and you CAN with no tricks or funky hacks use your xbox controller on your Xoom WIRELESSLY!.. yeah baby. the wireless setup is so sexy...

XBox Controller on Motorola Xoom Android 03 by BooyaGadget, on Flickr

XBox Controller on Motorola Xoom Android 04 by BooyaGadget, on Flickr

jblista

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I know this is a little off topic but I have been looking around for an answer and can't find one anywhere. Can someone with the usb host cable confirm if a thunderbolt or any phone in that matter charges if plugged into the port? I want to get a wifi tablet and use the hotspot feature to connect to the internet on the xoom. Only thing is, battery lasts about 2 hours if using wifi hotspot, so if I can plug the phone into the xoom and charge it, it would be perfect. Note I am not planning on using wired tether since that most likely doesnt work on the xoom. Would plan on using wifi tether, and simply plug the phone in to keep it charged. Appreciate the help. Thanks.

gts24

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone attempted or managed to get 2 controllers working for 2 player games?
Ideally 2 wireless xbox controllers...

rednocturne307

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had problems getting the left and right triggers on the xbox controllers to register? Also the right analog stick doesn't seem to work.