Charging troubles

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if anyone has experienced this yet but I've noticed sometimes my Xoom won't charge.

I usually use my Xoom throughout the day and by the time I go to bed at night, I'm down to maybe a 40-50% charge. My SOP is to shut down the Xoom and plug it in, then when I wake up in the morning, I unplug it, pop it into my laptop case and turn it on when I get to the office. More than once recently, I've noticed that I'm still at the same 40-50% charge when I turn it on as I was the night before.

I can't say if the charging light was on when it was plugged in those times becuase I modded my case so it's closed when I charge it. Last night I decided to leave it on when I plugged it in and looked for the charging indication in the status bar (lightning bolt in the battery icon), to my suprise it wasn't there at first, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in, I had to do that 3 times before it finally indicated that it was charging. Not sure if this means there's an issue with the charger itself or the Xoom or what.

Any ideas?

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if anyone has experienced this yet but I've noticed sometimes my Xoom won't charge.

I usually use my Xoom throughout the day and by the time I go to bed at night, I'm down to maybe a 40-50% charge. My SOP is to shut down the Xoom and plug it in, then when I wake up in the morning, I unplug it, pop it into my laptop case and turn it on when I get to the office. More than once recently, I've noticed that I'm still at the same 40-50% charge when I turn it on as I was the night before.

I can't say if the charging light was on when it was plugged in those times becuase I modded my case so it's closed when I charge it. Last night I decided to leave it on when I plugged it in and looked for the charging indication in the status bar (lightning bolt in the battery icon), to my suprise it wasn't there at first, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in, I had to do that 3 times before it finally indicated that it was charging. Not sure if this means there's an issue with the charger itself or the Xoom or what.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem. It turned out to be the charger. I even had the Verizon store try it on another Xoom and it did not work. I do not know why it happen but I bought a new charger and it has not happen since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude