Game controllers and the xoom

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten one to work with the xoom? I haven't been able to try since I need to find the otg adapter or whatever it's called. I really would love to use a gen 1 ps3 controller since I travel alot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

effingpace

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I use my wii remote control, connects via bluetooth using an application called wiiremotecontrol. Then I use nesoid to play nes games

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I was using that but I was hoping to have a better solution instead of carrying the chuck and classic.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

acozzens

Apr 4, 2011
www.booyagadget.com
As a hobbyist developer, I play with android SDK.
There was a recent update that supposedely adds the ability to sync up to both PS3 and XBox Controllers.

It is breifly mentioned here: Google announces Android 3.1, available on Verizon Xoom today -- Engadget
And the functionality is laid out in the SDK Code library, but a little technical to post here.

Keep in mind this is an SDK update, therefore, the developers have to tap into it.
I have the SDK, but I haven't played with this feature yet as I'm working on other apps.

I don't work for Google and I'm no insider, but the foundation is laid.. Now we just have to see what comes of it!
But as already mentioned the WiiMote app works great for emulators..

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I won that contest for the free Zeemote several weeks back and for games that support it, it works great. Its very compact, so it easily fits in a pocket, although I do have to say that the built quality isn't that great. Though it hasn't broken, I've been pretty careful with it because it just feels flimsy and I'm afraid it will be easy to break.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
2011-05-19_18-25-53_662.jpg

Confirmed - USB XBOX Controller works 100%