This seems to be a common Droid problem but I have not found a good answer.

I am trying to sync with my work Exchange. 2007 server so I don't think it gives me a choice of outgoing mail servers. Some mail gets sent while others are stuck in my outbox. I even try to manually send from the outbox but that does not work either

Help
    05-21-2011 07:12 PM
    Yeah. This was happening to me too. Strangely, if you forward your messages, instead of reply to them, there is no issue. It is firewall compatibility problem. There is a software program called "Good" that takes over the Exchange Server and fixes the situation. It's a patch until we upgrade our firewall software. "Good" requires a license fee.

...or you can just "forward" all messages.
    05-21-2011 07:58 PM
    So the problem is on my works server side? My ipad mail works fine.

I am trying really hard to support my xoom over the ipad but every few days I find a bug or issue with the xoom that is making it harder and harder to support it.
    05-22-2011 07:14 AM
    Seems to work okay it I go through the touchdown app making me think the problem is from the default email client
    05-22-2011 07:47 AM
    This is really weird. I have 2 exchange clients set up on my xoom tablet. One has the issue (message stuck in outbox) when replying and/or reply all and the other exchange service works perfectly.
    05-23-2011 03:57 PM
    This is really weird. I have 2 exchange clients set up on my xoom tablet. One has the issue (message stuck in outbox) when replying and/or reply all and the other exchange service works perfectly.
    Hmmm.... maybe my IT guys were right? It might be a firewall issue after all? "Good" seemed to do the trick for all the people in my company running a XOOM (with more of us each day).
    05-23-2011 05:55 PM
    I am having the same problem since the 3.1 upgrade a few weeks ago. I have Exchange Server 2003. I can not reply or forward e-mails. I can however send a fresh e-mail. A work around is to uncheck the "include text" and it will send.

I have un-installed the account, factory rebooted the Xoom with no luck. Verizon Enterprise support could not assist and recommended a new device. They have now pushed me to Motorola Android support. They were no help today and have pushed it up to Tier 3 support. Their solution is for me to buy Touchdown which is a bogus.

While I've been patient, the Xoom hasn't "wow'd" me. I may be trading form an iPad2 soon.

Jason
    05-23-2011 11:21 PM
    A work around is to uncheck the "include text" and it will send.

Jason
    It definately works for my troubled account (as a work-around). But I hope they fix this soon.
    05-25-2011 05:24 AM
    Where is the setting for unchecking the "include text" for the Xoom for corporate email?
    Mike
    06-03-2011 08:09 AM
    Where is the setting for unchecking the "include text" for the Xoom for corporate email?
    Mike
    It is directly under the body of the email you have just created when you reply/reply all.
    06-03-2011 08:52 AM
    Ya I have this problem on my xoom as well. Funny if you send a new email it sends the stuck ones. Any one know what changes need to be made to the server?
    06-24-2011 05:32 PM
    Ya I have this problem on my xoom as well. Funny if you send a new email it sends the stuck ones. Any one know what changes need to be made to the server?
    I tried this method but the replied to mail remains in my out box, while the new email successfully sent.
    06-29-2011 01:57 AM
    Problem: in corporate email account, when a reply is sent and 'include text' is checked, email gets stuck in out box and it is never sent out.
    Work around: just uncheck and recheck the 'include text' and then send the email. I tested this several times and the email is not stuck in the out box.
    08-10-2011 11:09 PM
    Problem: in corporate email account, when a reply is sent and 'include text' is checked, email gets stuck in out box and it is never sent out. Work around: just uncheck and recheck the 'include text' and then send the email. I tested this several times and the email is not stuck in the out box.
    08-10-2011 11:21 PM
    This happens to me sometimes, but is very inconsistent. I was thinking it happened when I sent an email then immediately put the service to sleep. I send/reply/forward tons of email on my XOOM through my Exchange account, and this is a rare problem for me.
    08-11-2011 07:20 AM
    Bumping this old thread because it seemed most applicable to the problem I've been having. I noticed the stuck messages about a week and a half after they started happening. I was not able to pinpoint why it happened, but after retyping the password and letting it reapply the security to my Xoom, the problem went away, although the stuck messages still never sent.

I just had the problem again this morning while riding on a train. WiFi is off and I'm connected over 3G/4G. I have lost the connection once or twice and of the 8 emails I sent while on the train, only one got stuck in the out box. This leads me to believe that I sent it while I had no connection and once the connection is reestablished, it isn't resolving the outbox. Thinking back to the problem I had a month ago, I was flying quite a bit around then and was writing some messages while on the plane, assuming that they would send when I landed.
    06-06-2012 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD