Xoom, Confidential Motorola Restricted

wheelbarrel

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.. First let me say I like the site, and will be here to stay. Lots of Info
I just recently got a xoom from ebay and I think it is some kind of developers xoom or something.. Lol on the back it says Confidential Motorola Restricted, NOT FOR SALE.. It is the 3g version, and seems to work just fine. I cant seem to contact the seller on ebay now, go figure. So am I 100% screwed on this one?

techdan00

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Looks different than my Xoom. The back of mine is a all black like around your speakers and camera. I am also on 3.1 so I can't speak to your build or kernel as obviously mine are different. Good luck.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You bought a prototype. Those things are pretty rare. Be aware that it probably was handmade instead of being built in a factory and probably cost a buttload to have made. I am sure Motorola would give you a brand new replacement for that one. You could always ask over at the Motorola users forum. I'm sure Matt could give you all the info you need.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I would file the claim but contact Motorola too. They will probably be happy to have it back and as was said before will make a trade to accomplished it. But get the ball rolling with eBay as well so that if Motorola decides to come reclaim their property you aren't completely screwed.

wheelbarrel

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys for your input! I just want a non-prototype xoom that i can use.. I will contact moto as well, and I have already started the claim on ebay. I will keep you all updated.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't see any thing wrong. what did the eBay description say? yea MOTO might trade you but if it works and receives updates and u can get VZW to activate then there's probley nothing that eBay will do. also that may be a press review just like the io tab 10.1 those are not supposed to be sold but they're on eBay. did it come in the factory box.

wheelbarrel

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any thing wrong. what did the eBay description say? yea MOTO might trade you but if it works and receives updates and u can get VZW to activate then there's probley nothing that eBay will do. also that may be a press review just like the io tab 10.1 those are not supposed to be sold but they're on eBay. did it come in the factory box.

The description never said nothing about it being NOT FOR SALE.. Said it was barely used, ready to activate on 3G. And it came bubble wrapped with user guide, not in original box. I was wondering if ebay would do anything either.. I contacted Moto so we will see here soon

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Moto would probably be happy to take it back and give you a new replacement. Or you can keep it and sell it for a million dollars in 50 years or so, lol. But given that it is Moto property, they would want it back. Who knows, maybe it contains company secrets.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
That my friend, looks a whole lot like the 3g versions of the Xoom that they display in stores (3g versions with silver backs like the wifi - but the 3g's are solid black) - and you got it off ebay? Store robbery anyone - safe to contact ebay and Moto!

:)

Jack

anon(167668)

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
That my friend, looks a whole lot like the 3g versions of the Xoom that they display in stores (3g versions with silver backs like the wifi - but the 3g's are solid black) - and you got it off ebay? Store robbery anyone - safe to contact ebay and Moto!

Jack

Nah, that's definitely a test unit.

You don't have to worry about Motorola trying to force you to give it to them since the Xoom's already been released, but like the others said they'd probably trade a new one for it. At the least they'll want to figure out who stole it.

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Jack

it's not, store demos are just like stock xooms. This one is definitely an internal test unit.

wheelbarrel

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Motorola is gong to switch me out,.. they said it was a prototype. I just want a damn xoom i can use.. they are telling me to power it down, and wait for them to mail me labels. Its going to be weeks before i get to use a xoom.. Sucks! I will update you guys if anything else happens

Reactions: JerryRogan