xoom sees and connects but

SHWELL

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
For the past 12 hours I have been unable to use my wifi connection. It sees all wifi on my block. It connects to my wifi but for the life of me it will not let me surf or acces mail. Market is a no go as well. The signal in lower right corner stays grey.

I can connect to my 3g no problem. I have turned off my unit, reset my wifi but no dice. I am on 3.1 update. Got my xoom 1 week after release.

SHWELL

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I did this last nite after posting this thread. Factory reset (I think), and it changed nothing. As I try different things, I am startng to believe it is the router. I can connect to 3g, wifi tether, juust cannot connect to my home wifi.

It was working fine, then all of a sudden, not usable. THe connection shows great strength, but the icon for wifi stays grey/white. Never goes to blue.

SHWELL

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the input. It is indeed my network that is faulting. Woke up this morning to no Wifi connectivity on anything in my network. Xoom, PS3, Mac, 3 Pc's...

crazie.eddie

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Could be the network cable from the router to your modem (cable, dsl, etc.) also. Maybe replace it. You can also turn your router off, then on. If that doesn't work, do a hard reset and reconfigure it. All else, replace the router.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie