I'm typing this with the Swype Honeycomb beta. It works pretty good. Better than thumbing!

Swype | Text Input for Screens
    06-13-2011 08:49 PM
    I just loaded it up:-) so far much better then swype on my evo
    06-13-2011 09:20 PM
    I just loaded it up:-) so far much better then swype on my evo
    Yeah... I have a pogo stylus and combined the two have revolutionized my data input!
    06-13-2011 09:26 PM
    Me too. Works great!
    06-13-2011 09:33 PM
    Yeah the Swype beta is legit...only thing I don't like is when you use the smaller keyboard and it still has the solid bars on the left and right. It should just be sitting on top of the web page or whatever you're typing in...should at least be transparent.
    06-14-2011 01:37 AM
    I am so happy Swype is here. Now the best tablet on the market has gotten even better.
    06-14-2011 07:17 AM
    I haven't tried swype on my Xoom yet but I am really liking the changes they made. Loving the new word selector. So much better than that little pop up.

A drag and drop swype keyboard would be an awesome option, kind of like the quick applications that have been shown off in touch wiz dx.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    06-14-2011 07:43 AM
    I tried to get it working on my Xoom, but I can't get the keyboard to install. I downloaded and installed the installer sol with no problems.

Any suggestions?

06-14-2011 11:46 AM
    Once you've installed the installer open it up - then go through the next couple of steps within the app itself, if memory serves the next steps should be:

Initially: Login again using your email and password
    1. Select Honeycomb beta (or Honeycomb English/Spanish beta if you're so inclined)
    2. Enabling swype (which is the apps fancy way of adding it to your keyboard options
    3. Choosing swype - again, just an in app macro to take you to settings>input>keyboard options - make sure that swype is selected (checked) and that its listed as the primary keyboard

Hope that helps

Z
    06-14-2011 01:59 PM
    Perhaps I should explain more. I know the steps and have been following them. I successfully got the beta on my phone. My problem arises when I try to select the Honeycomb beta english version. The package downloads, but then fails to install. Not sure what to do. I couldn't find the apk on my Xoom anywhere.

06-14-2011 02:04 PM
    I think the Xoom needs one more thing to be the best tablet on the market. Media....and I am taking Hulu and Netflix. It lacks both, other than that it it's still pretty awesome.

Sent from my Xoom
    06-14-2011 02:05 PM
    I think the Xoom needs one more thing to be the best tablet on the market. Media....and I am taking Hulu and Netflix. It lacks both, other than that it it's still pretty awesome.

Sent from my Xoom
    I have a Slingbox. As long as I have that Hulu or Netflix is really not a big deal to me. My Slingbox is all the media I need.
    06-14-2011 02:56 PM
    I wasn't too happy with the xoom until I got swype. Very happy now!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    06-15-2011 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD