Xoom and 4g sim card

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I own a droid charge and am wondering.... once 4g is "upgraded" on the xoom will i be able to simply remove the sim card and place it into the xoom and use 3g on my phone?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I own a droid charge and am wondering.... once 4g is "upgraded" on the xoom will i be able to simply remove the sim card and place it into the xoom and use 3g on my phone?

I believe when the Xoom is upgraded to 4G LTE it will ship back with a sim card already in it. Did you know that you will have to ship it back to be upgraded?

ElConquistador1963

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The Charge, like all 4G phones on Verizon Wireless, has to have the 4G SIM card installed to work. Without the SIM card the phone will not work. This is the part of the phone that has the phone number and is associated with the system with the proper plan for the phone. If you take the 4G card and put in the XOOM, it will not work because the plan is not compatible. It would require the plan to be changed and your number on the Charge would go on the XOOM. So while it is possible, in part, to do what you want, the Charge will not work without a 4G sim card installed.

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I believe when the Xoom is upgraded to 4G LTE it will ship back with a sim card already in it. Did you know that you will have to ship it back to be upgraded?

yes but with new business with the xoom 4g i might just wait for VZW and Moto to get it together...

The Charge, like all 4G phones on Verizon Wireless, has to have the 4G SIM card installed to work. Without the SIM card the phone will not work. This is the part of the phone that has the phone number and is associated with the system with the proper plan for the phone. If you take the 4G card and put in the XOOM, it will not work because the plan is not compatible. It would require the plan to be changed and your number on the Charge would go on the XOOM. So while it is possible, in part, to do what you want, the Charge will not work without a 4G sim card installed.

Wasnt the answer i wanted to hear... but thanks much.. maybe i will just go the tether route... :shrugs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12