Copy and paste handles

Juicuy J

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys when you copy and paste, you know the green handles? Well lately they've been very inaccurate and end up being far away from the word I'm trying to copy and makes it hard to be accurate when its completely off, also seems to happen only on stock browser. Example what I'm talking about in the picture, does anyone know of a fix?

gsquared#AC

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys when you copy and paste, you know the green handles? Well lately they've been very inaccurate and end up being far away from the word I'm trying to copy and makes it hard to be accurate when its completely off, also seems to happen only on stock browser. Example what I'm talking about in the picture, does anyone know of a fix?
This problem is completely ruining my user experience. Desparate for help :-/

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand. The picture you provided has the select icon right where you finger is. That's the way mine works. I long press where I want to select, then I drag the right icon until all the text I want is selected.

Are you thinking if you touch off the text all the text should be selected?

Juicuy J

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand. The picture you provided has the select icon right where you finger is. That's the way mine works. I long press where I want to select, then I drag the right icon until all the text I want is selected.

Are you thinking if you touch off the text all the text should be selected?

Look where the typing bar is at, its not aligned with the green handle. I'm trying to get it between to and be but its at the period at the end of my paragraph.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Look where the typing bar is at, its not aligned with the green handle. I'm trying to get it between to and be but its at the period at the end of my paragraph.

You are touching outside the existing text field. The cursor will appear at the end of the existing text if you go beyond it.

What exactly are you trying to cut/copy from there?

I'm still a bit confused, because I still don't see the issue.

Juicuy J

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The cursor line is not line up with the handle, in the picture below im trying to get it between the I and M in time but its at half. Thats the problem i am getting, inaccuracy.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The cursor line is not line up with the handle, in the picture below im trying to get it between the I and M in time but its at half. Thats the problem i am getting, inaccuracy.

It looks like you are touching outside the text field and expecting it to know what you want. Put your finger on that point within the text where you want the cursor to go.

If you want the cursor to appear between the I and the M, the center of your touch needs to be directly on and between the I and the M, not anywhere else.

Imagine for a moment the tip of you finger as it touches the surface of your XOOM. As the skin of your finger flattens against the surface, the area of contact would be a circle. The center of this circle is where your XOOM thinks you are touching. The center of that circle needs to be between the I and the M. In a photograph, I wouldn't see either the I or the M. All I'd see is your finger and have to take your word for it that you were on top of the I and the M. ;-)

Last edited:

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
This happens on my Nexus S as well, it is funky in the browser, especially the desktop modes. It's either Android or the website format, I think it's the website because when I am on my Nexus S or Xoom using Tapatalk or any other Android optimized app, it works just fine. It is working great for me right now on my Nexus S, but if I post this on the Desktop site forums, it will most likely be weird and not work right.

Sent from my Nexus S

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This happens on my Nexus S as well, it is funky in the browser, especially the desktop modes. It's either Android or the website format, I think it's the website because when I am on my Nexus S or Xoom using Tapatalk or any other Android optimized app, it works just fine. It is working great for me right now on my Nexus S, but if I post this on the Desktop site forums, it will most likely be weird and not work right.

Sent from my Nexus S

OK, what am I missing here? The pictures presented in this thread are clear examples of touching in the wrong place and expecting the system to somehow know where to put the cursor.

The touch controller recognizes your touch as the center of the contact area your finger makes with the surface of the tablet.

Sorry to repeat myself, but if you want to place the cursor between two letters you need to touch directly between those two letters. A photograph of you doing so would show your fingers hiding the point in question.

I must be missing something here, because it seems quite simple.