Google Movies

stonefeet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Just went to see details then manage then update let me dl it movies shop redirects to the market web site no movies tab in market app

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I haven't been notified of any update and I can't install the link to the Market on Droid Life. Is it a Market-based update or an OS update?

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
There's a "Shop" button on the top right of the Video app (at least there is now) that sends you to the market website. I just rented a movie and it showed up in the "My Rentals" section of the Video app.

julyccc

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Same here first a few time would not update. Shutdown my xoom and rebooted and try updating again. After a couple of time it updated. No video tab on the market yet.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
There is no video tab on the regular market, but if you click on shop inside the video app it takes you to the market where you can rent videos. Also has a tab for apps and books.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It took a couple of tries but it finally updated. It is an app that is a player for android market videos and your own downloaded content. It shows you popular content and takes you to a web store where you can rent movies. Now that I have it I can "not rent from Google":)

thatguyhugs

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I updated the video app on my 3g Xoom this afternoon and it works fine. It is exactly like the Books app in that it displays what relevant files are on my device and shoots me to the Android market when i want a movie. It works great and streamlines flipping through the marketplace.

Ghost1313

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
My Movies tab showed up in the market as well. I do however think the "rental" prices they are charging are obscene. $3.99 and $4.99 (HD) . This will be something I ONLY use if traveling and I have absolutely nothing else to do.

stonefeet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
i'll have to check my market for the movies tab when i go home for lunch

update: went home cleared the market cache and force stopped the market app opened it back up and i had the movies tab

cool deal

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech