I used a desktop charger in my truck when I made the dash mount for my Xoom has stopped charging, I looked at the pins and the one on the right side is not sticking up as far as the one on the left.

I am not looking forward to taking my dash apart to replace the cradle and calling Verizon to get a replacement.
    06-20-2011 01:51 PM
    Nothing you can pry up with a small tool?

How much space do you need to make up?

How about depositing a small solder dot with an soldering iron? Use a sharp pointed iron.

...or soldering a small spring if you needed more space than a dot could make up? Again, use a sharp pointed iron and only wet both surfaces. Then insert the tip into the spring bring the spring in contact with the offending connection and hit it with freeze spray to solidify/bond it. Just use slight tension to pull the iron away. It will probably be stuck to the spring too, but will let go momentarily.
    06-20-2011 02:49 PM
    I already called VZW and they are shipping me a replacement so I took the dash apart and pulled the old unit.

I am not sure if I am gonna put it back in my SUV, or just use it on my desk.
    06-20-2011 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD