Like Your Otterbox for Xoom?

lotatoys

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Just installed my Otterbox Defender yesterday and was wondering how others felt about it. I wanted it for protection but also for better grip when in landscape use, which I use most. My only complaint is that when gripping either side the top hard shell piece moves a little, as there are no clips on the sides, only on the top and bottom. This results in a squeaky flex to the sides, especially when holding with one hand.
Maybe better snap-together function (Body Glove cases) between the top and bottom hard shells would help?
Other than that, I think it's a great piece. What do you think?

MeridianSun

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine today and love it. I feel much better about my xoom now. Great job otterbox!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

lotatoys

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Here are some pics of the Otterbox installed. First 2 are without the hard shell back/stand installed, second two with. Hope this helps, siscim23...

coldconfession13

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine. My pre order apparently is being delivered later july so cancelled. Went to otterbox. Sold out. Went to ebay guy had like four left and got it. Just put it on

nene150

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
i waqs think about getting the otterbox for the xoom. Just not sure if i want to drop 80 bucks to get it has anybody seen it for cheaper

spielnicht

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the bulk would bother me since I know it's protected well, it's the damn weight though. I haven't held the Otterbox for the Xoom, but I remember when we got one for our office iPad...that sucker weighed slightly more than the iPad itself.

Is this the same?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the HD dock for the Xoom and the Otterbox is awesome and works so much better than the portfolio case. I have had three cases so far and the Otterbox is worth every penny.

I had the gel case, portfolio, and Otterbox. If you have a docking station for your Xoom, this is the right decision. The bottom folds up and allows for you to keep the case on while it is on the dock. Unlike the iPad that the bottom back had a piece that could be removed this is a much better design.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the HD dock for the Xoom and the Otterbox is awesome and works so much better than the portfolio case. I have had three cases so far and the Otterbox is worth every penny.

I had the gel case, portfolio, and Otterbox. If you have a docking station for your Xoom, this is the right decision. The bottom folds up and allows for you to keep the case on while it is on the dock. Unlike the iPad that the bottom back had a piece that could be removed this is a much better design.

Could you take a pic of the xoom in the defender case resting in the dock?

lotatoys

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Couple pics of the Xoom/Defender on the HD dock. FYI, the Otterbox does add a lot of weight to the already hefty xoom. If you're looking for a lightweight case, the Defender is not the one to get.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Well. I got my defender case today and its going right on back. As the above poster said, the added weight just plain sucks. The size doesn't quite double it in thickness but it is close. I was really excited for this but that was quickly extinguished. Oh well. I've ordered the incipio and hope that works out. Back to the silicone gel sleve...

Oh and for those with the HD speaker dock, the defender flap muffles the sound when docked

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay