[Review][App]USB Mass Storage Watcher Review

legacy23

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, if you?ve got a Xoom and it?s rooted USB Mass Storage Watcher is a must have app. Made by xda developers very own ?dinomight? the app allows you to mount usb storage devices so you can transfer files to and from them. One of the standout features of this app is the ability to connect an Android phone in mass storage mode and transfer files between the two. That means if you?ve got pictures, documents, or files that you want to transer to your Xoom from your phone (or vice versa) this app will make it happen. The Market description says it best:

? For Root Users With Proper Kernel Only ?
Frustrated by the lack of mass usb storage mounting in your android device? Well look no further. Now you can. You?ll now recieve standard android notifications when you connect your device via usb. Mount and unmount with ease.
And as an added feature now you can automatically mount your sd card. Just plug your device in and up comes the file window on your computer. (this feature can come in handy for any rooted device)
Add to that OTG Drive support. Now you can mount your usb drives on your android device. For this feature you need Android OS 3.1. This is the first device to officially support OTG mode.

I also want to remind you that you have to be rooted and must have a kernel that has UMS supported. You will also need a USB OTG cable as well. I found a great one that's not too expensive here.
Overall, I this is one app that I use on a regular basis and I don?t know what I did without it. Here?s the download link and the thread on xda: LINK, thread

Also for screenshots check out my blog here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2