I have had this for about ... three weeks. I have a keyboard, too, but that hardly matters.

The crux of the matter is everything I'm reading, and how it lags. I do not notice this, though I do get the occasional close from the stock browser. I have thought about it. Maybe the fact that I have not noticed lag is because I am used to the good enough mentality.

Is there something I am really missing because I haven't rooted?
    06-24-2011 08:26 PM
    I'm rooted and I still get closes. I'm running a 1.5 overclock and did notice it was snappier, maybe the new 1.7Ghz will make an even bigger difference.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the "themes" made so far, they're mostly just color changes right now. Even the optional boot screens don't do much for me. I had an unrealistic view of what "customization" entailed when people mentioned it as a root benefit, likely limited by my lack of programming skills.

But the about:debug fix for the browser can be set permanent and the SD works so that was great. There's probably other under-the-hood stuff that I do not really have the knowledge to appreciate.

verdict: why not do it if you have some time to spare, it doesn't seem like it's anymore difficult to reverse if you ever need to.
    06-24-2011 08:46 PM
    Anther thing is how, or is this something I shouldn't do unless I know how? I don't wanna break a 600$ computer.
    06-24-2011 08:57 PM
    I had no idea how to do it beforehand, first time rooting anything. Just follow the instructions in the thread and [HL]READ THE BIG RED LETTERS[/HL]. I also read most of the comments in the thread to see where people screwed up or to find clarifications. It's likely that any problem/confusion you will come across has already been mentioned in the thread. Just be careful, take it slow.
    06-24-2011 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD