4G for Xoom starting in about 2 weeks...

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
To add fuel to this rumor, when I was pickung up my Verizon xoom, the Verizon rep said that it was "perfect timing, 4g rolls out next month"

shaneneff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I am guessing the week before the Xoom 2 or LTE (whatever it will be called) or the Tab 10 comes out with LTE enabled.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Look guys, this is a hardware update, I doubt the software will change a lot, if not at all. To be honest, if you want some software improvements, the mysterious Android 3.2 for 7 inch devices might be something to look at. It supposedly has a plethora of bug fixes and improvements, if it's towards the browser, the better 3.2 might be ( here's hoping they bring the UA string fix)

Sent from my Nexus S

anon(194966)

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe 2 weeks will happen....

I bought it 4 months ago with the marketing promise of within 3 months and it has now been 4. I called up VZW and asked what the deal was... they gave the story that its not up to them, its all up to Motorola, we just sell their product.

But... the ending.... She gave me 2 months credit on my data plan.

So call up now and atleast get a few bucks off your bill while we wait out the summer

shaneneff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Tab 4G was just announced for pre-order, shipping in 4-6 weeks. I am outraged with this Motorola debacle. My XOOM is now for sale and I will not be purchasing any Motorola devices in the future. This was classic bait and switch and at the very least deceptive business practice.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I hope this is true. My friend called me and teased me about the galaxy tab 10 being better.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I won't buy Samsung products. IMO they are junk. Moto makes great hardware. I also feel its the better looking and more solid honeycomb tablet out there.

jeres88

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I won't buy Samsung products. IMO they are junk. Moto makes great hardware. I also feel its the better looking and more solid honeycomb tablet out there.

+1 to this!

I don't understand all the hype behind the Galaxy 10.1. I have a friend who has one and compared it to my Xoom. The UI responsiveness and speed is the exact same as the Xoom. There is only a single proprietary plug for all devices (that you have to buy special adapters for) and it does not have an SD card....

I can't wait for this 4G to hit! Then the Galaxy tab will have nothing on the Xoom :D

shaneneff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Follow up: I spoke with a Verizon customer service manager today to request the two month credit on my Xoom data plan (as discussed in another thread). She was unable to give me the credit and indicated that Motorola was unable to get the LTE radio to function with the Chooser and that there would be an announcement in the coming days giving current owners a $100 rebate card, or an option of 20 percent off of the two year renewal cost of the Xoom 4G LTE (otherwise known as the Xoom 2) when it is released in late July.

Not sure how informed she was, perhaps even a disgruntled employee, but it is a good source of information so I thought I would pass it along.

Cheers.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech