How to delete application/demo

ryukyu1

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to delete the Xoom Demo App, that was on my Xoom when i bought it. The problem i am having is that the demo movie starts playing the demo movie whenever it wants too, Also, I would like to uninstall the Xoom demo. I go to settings-applications-manage apps-, find the demo, tap it and it says I can uninstall it, but when i tap uninstall, nothing happens, I also tried Force stop but that doesn?t work either.
I was told on another forum that i "might" have to root it. I find this incoceivable that Motorola/Google would make you root your device to get rid of demo's. Hoping there's another solution.
Thanks.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Uh this isn't supposed to be installed on the retail version of the Xoom ( the one they sell to you) I never had to remove this, you should demand a new one because I think the demo units are deeper and might require root to remove.

Sent from my Nexus S

ryukyu1

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the info...now the rest of the story. According to this link MOTODEV > Products > Device Software my Xoom is a Latin American Model, my Xoom also says DEMO in the build no. I bought it at Walmart in Auburn Wa., but i am currently in Japan, so returning it in person is not an option. I have contacted them and they are seeing if i mail it back. The other option is to try to Re-Flash it to the U.S. version 3.1 build HW137, according to Motorola if i send it to them they can do this. I questioned Moto about wether or not they could re-flash a Latin version to the US version, and have not received a reply yet. The other issue is they won't ship it back to me at my FPO-AP address,,,SOOOO my question now, is there a way THEY(motorola) could remotely re-flash my Latin model to a US model ???

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can flash any foreign models with the US hardware Xoom, which is why I think Motorola has two seperate updates for the two models, the European Xoom model has SD card support because of the update it got a while back, while the US model still does not have it.

Sent from my Nexus S

ryukyu1

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Followup: I found on another forum information which indicates i can Flash my Xoom to the US version.
It's Build HWJ37. I will let you know in a couple of days if it worked.

ryukyu1

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi again. as indicated above i had a Latin American/Demo build on my Xoom. I asked about flashing it to the HWJ37 U.S. Build. Update.... I was able to flash it with help from the xda-developer forum and a friend of mine. I have had it running for more then a week now without a problem, so from my experience you can change the Build on your Xoom.
Regards,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22