Previously, I've been able to transfer photos from my Xoom to my computer via USB and even through with wifi through a Lan connection in File Manager HD.

This past week, I took photos (and a video) on my Xoom, but I'm unable to transfer them. I can view them on the Xoom, but I get failure messages when I attempt to upload them to Dropbox or Photobucket. I tried to drag the files from my Xoom to Computer via a USB connection, but nothing happens.

I do admit that this all happened after I attempted to move them in HD File Manager from the xoom to my IP address using cut and paste. Did I somehow corrupt the files and is there a way to fix it as I can view them on the Xoom?
    06-29-2011 03:04 PM
    Previously, I've been able to transfer photos from my Xoom to my computer via USB and even through with wifi through a Lan connection in File Manager HD.

This past week, I took photos (and a video) on my Xoom, but I'm unable to transfer them. I can view them on the Xoom, but I get failure messages when I attempt to upload them to Dropbox or Photobucket. I tried to drag the files from my Xoom to Computer via a USB connection, but nothing happens.

I do admit that this all happened after I attempted to move them in HD File Manager from the xoom to my IP address using cut and paste. Did I somehow corrupt the files and is there a way to fix it as I can view them on the Xoom?
    Nobody has any idea how to help?
    I remember when I used to have a Black Berry and within minutes (or hours), I'd have 20+ responses to any problem posted at CrackBerry..

I've searched everywhere on my Xoom and desktop for the photos, but they are only viewable from within Gallery on the Xoom and I don't believe that I'm looking at the thumbnails (as it doesn't even show the missing photos in the thumbnail directory) as they are full sized. Plus, I was able to view the one video that was included.
    07-01-2011 01:29 PM
    I don't how to fix the problem with transferring pics via wire/cable. But until it gets fixed, try an app called Dropsnap. Every time you take a photo it uploads to dropbox. it also uploads what you have in your gallery.
    Its free for a few (25?) pics then you have to buy the full version.
    Hope this helps.
    07-01-2011 06:20 PM
    Thanks. Someone has to know how to help. Obviously, the files are still on the Xoom or else I wouldn't be able to view them. I'm pretty sure that I'm not still viewing the thumbnails as I was able to play the video (until just recently when I deliberately erased it).
    07-02-2011 05:14 PM
    Anyone have an idea how to restore those photos? I really need them. The app developer had no idea.
    07-13-2011 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD