Who is getting the Xoom 4g LTE (Xoom 2)?

mrboss23

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
(This was taken from another thread posted by)

Follow up: I spoke with a Verizon customer service manager today to request the two month credit on my Xoom data plan (as discussed in another thread). She was unable to give me the credit and indicated that Motorola was unable to get the LTE radio to function with the Chipset and that there would be an announcement in the coming days giving current owners a $100 rebate card, or an option of 20 percent off of the two year renewal cost of the Xoom 4G LTE (otherwise known as the Xoom 2) when it is released in late July.

Not sure how informed she was, perhaps even a disgruntled employee, but it is a good source of information so I thought I would pass it along.

(This was taken from another thread posted by Shaneneff)

Follow up: I spoke with a Verizon customer service manager today to request the two month credit on my Xoom data plan (as discussed in another thread). She was unable to give me the credit and indicated that Motorola was unable to get the LTE radio to function with the Chipset and that there would be an announcement in the coming days giving current owners a $100 rebate card, or an option of 20 percent off of the two year renewal cost of the Xoom 4G LTE (otherwise known as the Xoom 2) when it is released in late July.

Not sure how informed she was, perhaps even a disgruntled employee, but it is a good source of information so I thought I would pass it along.

Who believes this and if its true who is going to buy it?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I would be happy to take the $100 as I don't use the data anyway. Just needed to have the Xoom day one so I bought it. If the 2 has a bunch of better things I would think about it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mloebl

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Reminds me of the Bionic rumors a bit. Not sure what to think myself. At first I was in denial as it seemed like it contradicts all the other blurbs that have gone out (including the email from them that leaked accidentally...) But then the story seems well thought out enough to maybe not be an off-the-cuff answer. I suspect Motorola would take some *seriously* bad press if this happens as not only does it cause a serious lack of trust, the "deal" they give you really isn't much of a deal. I bet even at $100 or 20% off they are still making money on it. Verizon should be worried as with the ETF cancellation blurb up on Droid-Life today, people could easily use this as gambling point to terminate service.

Does make me think a bit as my wife REALLY likes my Xoom... so wouldn't mind a 2nd... If I could get the data plan cancelled on the current Xoom and moved to the new one with a good deal, then it's not all bad as I suspect my wife will get what she wants ;)

-Mike

Last edited:

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
(This was taken from another thread posted by)

(This was taken from another thread posted by Shaneneff)

Where did the original information get posted?

mrboss23

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, the xoom situation with the SD card and the 4g problem makes me think twice about purchasing another Motorola product. I'm a die hard xoom fan but really have a sour taste in my mouth. I believe I will purchase the xoom 4g because I now it would be a better device then the xoom but I will never purchase an unfinished product again

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, the xoom situation with the SD card and the 4g problem makes me think twice about purchasing another Motorola product. I'm a die hard xoom fan but really have a sour taste in my mouth. I believe I will purchase the xoom 4g because I now it would be a better device then the xoom but I will never purchase an unfinished product again
you could always just wait till xoom 2 or whatever comes out for a couple of weeks, listen to opinions and then purchase.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
What i really want to know is that if they are making a xoom 2 or Xoom 4g LTE, will anything be different other than the antennae?

Will there be a xoom 2 wifi? i would like a xoom 2 wifi also being released end of July.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
What i really want to know is that if they are making a xoom 2 or Xoom 4g LTE, will anything be different other than the antennae?

Will there be a xoom 2 wifi? i would like a xoom 2 wifi also being released end of July.

I'm sure the device will be thinner, lighter and be priced around the iPad 2.

lobobuzz

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
If this is true, $100 is not gonna cut it.

I agree...

I bet that one guy that couldn't wait to take someone to court over the 4G is drooling over this rumor.

I totally agree with you on that sentiment. I bought the 3G/4G version knowing that I would primarily use the wireless capability, but not wanting to box myself out of a future potential need/want to activate the data.

If this is true, I'm going to be super bummed out. No doubt on that one guy wanting to go to court, but he may now have converted me over to his view/opinion. I bought the Xoom based on good faith that Motorola would live up to their promise.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I really doubt this is true, but if it was, it would not be acceptable. What would be acceptable would be a one-for-one trade for the new model.

Considering that Samsung uses Tegra 2 and apparently have it working on LTE, I have my doubts that Motorola could not get the LTE to work with it.

Arun01

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't know if anyone saw the post over at droid life but Asus will have a new tablet out in October with Tegra 3 & that's where my money's going if Motorola don't step up with one by that time.....my 2 cents...

Last edited:

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't know if anyone saw the post over at droid life but Asus will have a new tablet out in October with Tegra 3 & that's where my money's going if Motorola don't step up with one by that time.....my 2 cents...

I might have to take a look at that as well...

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been patient. I have been understanding. This would be the lastvstraw. I would have waited if I knew 4g would not be available. I will remain calm though till we hear something definitive. Rumors are not something to raise your blood pressure over. For all we know someone is sitting back laughing their fool head off at getting people riled up.

Yes they are late, but that is not the same as not fulfilling the commitment.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe this rumor. No way Jose.
At this point, rumor. To all those that scoffed at the sentiment of legal action. Ha. If true, I would never accept their deal. I would expect nothing less than a complete replacement for the new model.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Stopped in to pay my bill and asked the store manager if he heard of thus rumor and he laughed at me. Said that if it were true that Verizon would piss off every Xoom owner. He then said that its coming (4G) and that the wait is nearly over.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Not me, might get the next Galaxy Tab or Asus tablet. These devices should last us til Q2 2012.

Sent from my Xoom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49