Better for developer? xoom or galaxy tab 10.1

xoom or galaxy tab 10.1

• Total voters

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
The Xoom is a Google Experience device. Not necessarily the best one out there and the mSD troubles are pretty annoying, but it should get pretty early updates to OS and be easier to root. While not much changes on other HC devices they can be or less problematic in the future due to not having Google specifically watching over its development.

Another one to watch for with development would be the Transformer. Cheaper with a better screen, and is as close to a Google experience device without actually being one. It also has a working mSD.

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I would say Xoom as Google is using one. But, it seems like Galaxy 10.1 is getting a lot more love. More cases, more accessories, ability to connect thumb drives out of the box. I don't know.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Xoom, you will eventually get TouchWiz on the Tab which doesn't make it quite as stock as the Xoom. Plus the Xoom has much more hardware. If you plan on develping, Xoom all the way. The Tab is a lot more for the consumer. Plus there is a variant of the Xoom with wireless data, if that's what you are looking for too.

Sent from my Xoom

shingi_70

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Both are good. The xoom may have came out first but Samsung gave devs the tab at I/O.

But the xoom has more ports so that might be great.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think if you are a on Android developer and the choice is betweeen the Tab 10.1 or Xoom, either way you will be fine. They are both android, they are both tablets and both can install APKs.

I would go with which ever one sold more.