mytouch slide or nexus one

Takeoff

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
okay so I have a g1 right now but I'm going to upgrade and I came down to the nexus or the mytouch slide and I want to pick the right phone because if I make the wrong decision I will have to keep the phone for almost 2 years for my next upgrade. I heard the mytouch looks smooth and the htc sense theme is cool. But the nexus one has a better screen the the mytouch and it can compete with others but its media,contact, and message display is oldschool kind of like the g1 so I'm kind of stuck

K Bear

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
It really depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for one of the most powerful full touchscreen phones, then they Nexus One is for you. If you are looking for a mid-level, fully functional physical QWERTY keyboard on a touchscreen device, the Slide is for you.

AnAm85

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Another thing with the Nexus One is that it has Live Wallpapers where the Slide doesnt. That's one thing that kinda sucks but not worth buying a Nexus One over... I just purchased the Slide and it is AWESOME! Some things are kinda pointless like the Faves app but the phone is SO fast even for the 600 mhz processor and 512 MB onboard memory. The keyboard is great, the keys are spaced perfectly and the buttons click at ease. I would go with the Slide if you want a all around "easier" and more personal phone.

izzzy12k

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Once you get used to using the swipe keyboard... you will find yourdelf using the side keyboard less and less... but there are times when it's good to have both.

dfur1016

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
i was talking to a tmobile person today and she said you could get an app for live wallpapers if you want. also, tmobile has 2 plans that let you choose to have a 2 yr contract or get the phone on credit and and not be locked into a contract so you can upgrade to a newer phone once you have it paid off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech