Alternate version of Airplane mode

izzzy12k

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to post something I learned over the weekend...

If you want to use bluetooth or Wifi but have the cellular radio turned off, you cannot use the regular airplane mode as it turns all radios off.

What you have to do (and have a widget on your screen for airplane mode as a visual notifier) is enter the following at your dialer screen (like making a call) *#*#4636#*#* after the last * is typed you get an admin like screen where you have a turn off radio button. Tap that button and exit the window.

You will see that your signal strenth bars are now x'd out and your airplane mode widget has been toggled to "on". If you have bluetooth or wifi widget buttons, try one and they will work... still leaving cellular off. (they are normally greyed out or non-funtional in regular airplane mode)

Once you want to return things back to normal, tap your airplane mode widget to toggle it to "off" and your signal strenth bars will light up and the E/G/3G marker will appear.

:D

I use this when I take my walks and use my bluetooth headset to listen to music without any interruptions by calls or texts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol