BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Only cases I use are belt cases. Everything else is unnecessary and makes the phone lose it's appeal imo. I don't put my phone in a bag or anywhere where it could get damaged. It's either in my pocket or belt base.

Reactions: bascosauce

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I prefer a gel skin to a case... my first purchase was too hard, and then later I found a good black gel skin at a T-Mobile store that works perfect, just like my last one I had for my Blackberry.

Inca Orchid

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Arcadia, what kind of belt case do you have? got a picture or link?
I have the hard shell body glove.
It fits tight and covers all but where the screen saver is so my whole phone is covered and it's not really that much bulkier or bigger than stock.
Plus it's that cool graphite color.

MyTouch 420G

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I had my MT4G delivered today (got the wife a free G2 as well on BOGO friday), and I couldn't be happier. While waiting for delivery, I went to the Tmob store to check out the cases/skins that were available as I hate getting stuck with something that I didn't take the time to check out and try on before I buy.

They had several varieties in stock, some with clips/holsters, many gel skins, and a few slide in holsters. The one I chose was due to its non-bulky nature, simplicity, and the fact it covers every edge on the phone, without covering the vital components. I have a disdain for gelskins, as using one makes sliding the phone in and out of your pants pocket nearly impossible.

I took these pics with my new mt4g, so I hope you like em.

PS.

The Tmob store is having a sale on all accessories now thru Jan 18th. 20% off when you buy two items, 30% for 3.

dohboy

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I went with the blue rubber case that they sell in the t-mobile store. $20, and it matches my fantasy football team colors, i love it

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I had my MT4G delivered today (got the wife a free G2 as well on BOGO friday), and I couldn't be happier. While waiting for delivery, I went to the Tmob store to check out the cases/skins that were available as I hate getting stuck with something that I didn't take the time to check out and try on before I buy.

They had several varieties in stock, some with clips/holsters, many gel skins, and a few slide in holsters. The one I chose was due to its non-bulky nature, simplicity, and the fact it covers every edge on the phone, without covering the vital components. I have a disdain for gelskins, as using one makes sliding the phone in and out of your pants pocket nearly impossible.

I took these pics with my new mt4g, so I hope you like em.

PS.

The Tmob store is having a sale on all accessories now thru Jan 18th. 20% off when you buy two items, 30% for 3.
I feel you on the gel skins. It's darn near impossible to get the phone in/out of your pocket with one of those on.

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
screw cases. The money I dumped into finding the perfect case for my old BB Bold 9000 was ridiculous. In the end they were all too bulky, too ugly, or damaged my phone when the case was meant to protect it. Sure it'll protect it from drops (and I did drop it once on concrete when thankfully it was in a case...but that was only because a bee was trying to sting my hand).

For me, the nicer hard shell cases (like case-mates barely there cases) just scratched my poor BB... all the other cases seemed to trap debris from who knows where that also made small scratches.. silicone wont scratch it but looks like crap IMO..and you lose pocket sliding functionality. I may consider a case that has a silicone first layer and a harder shell outer layer...but then you're just adding bulk with the multiple layers and taking away from the phone's true beauty.

I've just had bad experiences I guess -- I always feel like I'm the most careful with my stuff, but somehow I always end up with some sort of problem.

edangs

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
the case was meant to protect it.

there was a very informative post in the tmobile forum that i'd like to share here.

MT4G is built in a way that if you drop the phone the battery and its cover will pop out to protect the large screen of the phone from cracking.

when you have a case (closed back) and drop the phone, it will direct the impact to the large screen causing it to break.

Reactions: pantlesspenguin

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
there was a very informative post in the tmobile forum that i'd like to share here.

MT4G is built in a way that if you drop the phone the battery and its cover will pop out to protect the large screen of the phone from cracking.

when you have a case (closed back) and drop the phone, it will direct the impact to the large screen causing it to break.

hmm...well I found your source, but after a quick search didn't find anything else backing this claim or giving the original poster any credibility... can anyone else add to this?

I mean...sure it makes sense, but whether or not HTC designs phones this way intentionally I don't know... I'm convinced a good case will better protect the phone from drops.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped mine twice - once on a hard gym floor (door & battery stayed put) & once on my carpet @ home (door & battery popped off). How's THAT for strange??

I'd like to get a case for the phone, but I don't like silicone cases (collect too much dust) & I don't like hard cases (tendency to scratch the phone). What am I left with?

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped mine twice - once on a hard gym floor (door & battery stayed put) & once on my carpet @ home (door & battery popped off). How's THAT for strange??

I'd like to get a case for the phone, but I don't like silicone cases (collect too much dust) & I don't like hard cases (tendency to scratch the phone). What am I left with?

Prob just the way it landed...so it were designed for the battery to pop out, doing so at certain angles is useless to save the glass if the force is on the wrong direction.

Agree with cases...a case with a rubber interior with hard shell is an option...but then bulk is higher and probably ugly. Can't win, so mine will stay naked.

Last edited:

airbornemist6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site

This is actually true. Things which are engineered to take impacts spit out debris on on impact. By losing mass in another direction, the main mass (in this case, a MT4G) has less momentum and the vital components inside take less force. This is low level physics for you.

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Well yea, trust me I'm not questioning the physics..I'm just questioning whether it's by design because I've only found the post above searching.

I noticed (if viewing from back) the right side of batt case presses in a little while the left side odd rigid. It appears when battery cover is off that different latching is used..which makes no since since the cover lifts off from that bottom so this may support the "design" theory.

EmceeGeek

Dec 9, 2010
www.youtube.com

I went ahead and ordered this case: Comes in Black also

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis