[ROM]Insomniac's Ginger - AndroidInsomnia

JHutson456

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
AndroidInsomnia Presents:

Insomniac's Ginger 0.5

This is my source build of Cyanogenmod 7.2. I pulled it and built it a few days ago. I've been running it and it runs well. It's still got the stock kernel with it. Other kernels were killing the sound.

My plans for this are to turn it into a unique build (I'll do this via cherry-picks, personal taste, and feedback from you folks.) This first release is going to be a little bit rough, but I promise, as I have shown, I don't cut bait and run. I'm with this device for the long haul and I plan on making both the ROM and the Kernel GREAT! I've already forked the kernel. I plan on getting the entire rom on github but that will come later.

I wanted to get this posted before I chickened out. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. It's pretty far from my comfort zone honestly, but sometimes you just have to jump off a cliff and start flapping. Hope I don't hit those sharp rocks!

Recommended Install Instructions

1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
2. Wipe Cache
3. Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Format /system

IF YOU ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS, REINSTALL USING THE ABOVE AND AFTER BACKING UP YOUR SD CARD ADD:

5. Format /sdcard

The Kernel is provided by stock Cyanogenmod This Kernel needs work, however as is I've pulled 15 hours moderate use and not had any lag issues or anything, so it's a strong base.

Insomniac's Ginger

Download from AndroidInsomnia: http://www.androidinsomnia.com/Insomniacs_Ginger/Insomniatic_Ginger_0.5.zip

md5sum: 5674b4cd954c80295b851502cda9e2b7

Change Log:

Code:
Full Change Log:

This is the first release! I wanted to keep it as stock CM7.2 as possible however I've added some of the gapps including the Market. If any of them are missing, please flash the gapps but that shouldn't be necessary.

Code:
[b]NOTES:[/b]

ISSUES? Logcat them! [url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1378491[/url]

-Known Issues:
1. Stock CM7 kernel so it needs MUCH work
2. Tell me! :-)

- _________ Theme element doesn't seem to work after installation.
1. Reboot your phone. Fixed?
2. Reboot into recovery and clear caches and fix permissions. Fixed?
3. If it's not fixed at this point, imediatly go into theme manager
    and re-install the theme.

- My GPS isn't working.
1. Download (or open if installed) "GPS Status and Toolbox" by EclipSim.
2. Open it.
3. Press the 'Menu' hard key
4. Select 'Tools'
5. Select 'Manage A-GPS state'
6. Select 'Reset'
7. Reboot your phone AS SOON AS IT'S DONE.
8. Enjoy!

This ROM brought to you by JHutson456

There are too many thanks to go into in great depth at this time. My team has been wonderful as have djn541 and cayniarb. I'll add more as I go for sure!

The Team That Brings You All The Latest and Greatest Roms: AndroidInsomnia

You can now join our new irc channel and talk directly with us. This is new but we hope to have it fully established soon. It is live now

irc.irondust.net
#AndroidInsomnia

http://webchat.irondust.net/?channels=AndroidInsomnia

Join us today :)

You can check out CyanogenMod's entire source including the Kernel for this at CyanogenMod's GitHub

Here is the kernel as forked at my GitHub

Devs:

TrueBlue_Drew
JHutson456
Cnote74
iblaststatic2020
Option94

Graphics and Themes:

Tiger013
JunkDrugler

Testers:

boardopboy - Testing Lead