Should I root my friend's myTouch?

mfischer2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm a seasoned rooter, having rooted my Droid and Galaxy Nexus. A friend of mine wants to tether, without paying T-Mobile, so he asked me to root.

I have a couple concerns, first is that I think I need to downgrade the phone, I never had to do this before:

Dumb question, but if I downrev the phone, root it, can I then re-install the latest 2.3.4 ROM? If not, I'll go to Cyanogenmod.

Is it easy to unroot? My friend is concerned about warranty, so I'd like to be able to undo this at some point.

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Which myTouch is it I have LG Mytouch e-739 with 2.3.6 and I used "unlock root" to root it and had no issues . It took less than five minutes . The software Also has an option to unroot but I haven't tried using it

Sent from my LG-E739 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

skuly

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Which myTouch is it I have LG Mytouch e-739 with 2.3.6 and I used "unlock root" to root it and had no issues . It took less than five minutes . The software Also has an option to unroot but I haven't tried using it

Sent from my LG-E739 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

This is the Htc Mytouch 4g section isn't it? If i am in the right place then that would mean one or both of you aren't? :D

Coryyyy

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm a seasoned rooter, having rooted my Droid and Galaxy Nexus. A friend of mine wants to tether, without paying T-Mobile, so he asked me to root.

I have a couple concerns, first is that I think I need to downgrade the phone, I never had to do this before:

Dumb question, but if I downrev the phone, root it, can I then re-install the latest 2.3.4 ROM? If not, I'll go to Cyanogenmod.

Is it easy to unroot? My friend is concerned about warranty, so I'd like to be able to undo this at some point.

Just root it. Totally worth it and you'll never look back. ;)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui