Rooting, Installing I'm here to help!

...Awesome...

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to reach out to people that need help rooting installing customs roms for the Mytouch 4G.

Sent from my Dark Unicorn Resurrected v.2.5 using Tapatalk 2

luncefordjw

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a new MyTouch 4G running Android 2.3.4. My previous MyTouch had some hardware issues. Anyway, I want to take you up on your offer of assistance to root and upgrade to ICS. I am new to rooting, so any help would be much appreciated. I have done a little research here and there on xda and Android Central, but haven't quite figured out how to get started. Also, if it will be needed, my pc is a Windows 7 Dell.

bpa007tx

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have a new MyTouch 4G running Android 2.3.4. My previous MyTouch had some hardware issues. Anyway, I want to take you up on your offer of assistance to root and upgrade to ICS. I am new to rooting, so any help would be much appreciated. I have done a little research here and there on xda and Android Central, but haven't quite figured out how to get started. Also, if it will be needed, my pc is a Windows 7 Dell.

To get rooted, go to YouTube and type in "How to Root LG My Touch 2.3.4. You're looking for Team TechSavy, in the "About Section", they post hyper links to get the drivers and the program to root your phone. It should be easy because it is a one click process. After you download the drivers, it wouldn't be a bad idea to save your SD card to your PC. I would then download Titanium Back Up PRO from the market place and back up your apps. You can also use it to freeze or remove apps from your phone. You can also use YouTube to find custom recoveries and roms. QBKings77 provide really good tutorial videos and the hyper links for the downloads you'll need.
My advice is to just root the phone and get rid of the bloatware using Titanium. If you decide to flash a new rom, look for a Beta Rom, they are stable. Good luck