I followed the Terminal Emulator steps.. but S is still on..

dannynyc

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I am following the instructions closely.

DO I have to like save? or something after the emulator stuff goes through? do i just hit home?

I do the Emulator stuff and then I reboot. HOW should I reboot? Because it seems that when I turn it off it quickboots, and it doesnt let me get into recovery..

Should I pull the battery? make it shut off completely that way?

When I do pull out at the battery and boot it, it still says S on..

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings and disable fast boot under applications.

If you're following the steps in my sticky correctly you should get S-OFF.

dannynyc

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings and disable fast boot under applications.

If you're following the steps in my sticky correctly you should get S-OFF.

Thanks for that,

I turned off fast-boot, but still cant get the S-off.. I do the command prompts, it finishes and tells me to reboot. From there, so I hit home.. then.. do a regular power down? I do a power down, then pull out the battery..

Wrong? Do I have to save something? What should I do immediately after it tells me to reboot?

dannynyc

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that after I do the sh root.sh step, one the the lines I get says ' sd/sdcard/root/wpx.ko' failed (function not implemented)..

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
While in terminal just type reboot recovery or reboot. Then it will either reboot into recovery or reboot depending on which you type. Can you provide a link to what your following so I can see what's going on with the .ko file?

dannynyc

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
While in terminal just type reboot recovery or reboot. Then it will either reboot into recovery or reboot depending on which you type. Can you provide a link to what your following so I can see what's going on with the .ko file?

Thanks,

Guide to permaroot, s=off AND s=on!!!!! - xda-developers

Thats what im following..

I typed in reboot: so it looks like this:

# reboot

and I get

"not permitted!"

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks,

Guide to permaroot, s=off AND s=on!!!!! - xda-developers

Thats what im following..

I typed in reboot: so it looks like this:

# reboot

and I get

"not permitted!"

Then its not getting proper permission. Id make sire usb debugging is checked and that terminal emulator has super user permission.
Can I suggest following this guide http://forum.androidcentral.com/myt...cks/56011-guide-how-root-your-mytouch-4g.html to get full root and s-off. If not try updating busybox and super user to make sure you have the most updated bin files.

dannynyc

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Then its not getting proper permission. Id make sire usb debugging is checked and that terminal emulator has super user permission.
Can I suggest following this guide http://forum.androidcentral.com/myt...cks/56011-guide-how-root-your-mytouch-4g.html to get full root and s-off. If not try updating busybox and super user to make sure you have the most updated bin files.

I did not have busybox prior, think thats what the problem was? Im DL it now..

Superuser is up to dat according to SU..

USB debugging is also checked..

UPDATE: Busybox says my phone is rooted? I did do a temproot, maybe thats why..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36