I’m an Apple user (iPhone 11, former Android user). However, Apple’s getting boring as they haven’t really done anything new since the iPhone X. Apple’s current lack of innovation is making me want to switch to Android. So, on these forums, I’m going to ask questions, and hopefully you guys can help finalize my decision.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-31-2020 01:14 AM
    Hi, welcome!
    Which Android phone you had before?
    Aexerial likes this.
    05-31-2020 01:17 AM
    A Samsung Galaxy J7V. My main complaint about it was that it was pretty slow. I switched to a 6s then upgraded to an 11.
    05-31-2020 01:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive phone with good performance and all the benefits of a phone directly from Google, I'd suggest the Pixel 3a or 3a XL.
    Aexerial likes this.
    05-31-2020 01:21 AM
    A Samsung Galaxy J7V. My main complaint about it was that it was pretty slow. I switched to a 6s then upgraded to an 11.
    Oh yeah , big difference in Android phones since j7 , I also use apple so what would you like help with?
    Aexerial likes this.
    05-31-2020 01:22 AM
    I mostly want help deciding what brand/model phone that I want to get. Right now, I’m really focusing only on Samsung, LG, and maybe OnePlus phones.
    05-31-2020 01:27 AM
    Also, I’ll check the Pixel 3a lineup.
    05-31-2020 01:27 AM
    I mostly want help deciding what brand/model phone that I want to get. Right now, I’m really focusing only on Samsung, LG, and maybe OnePlus phones.
    Pixel phones are very good , one plus and Samsung are also , tell me what you looking for in a phone and I can try help as much as possible, I use Samsung s10+, Note 10+, 1+7pro,pixel 4xl.
    Aexerial likes this.
    05-31-2020 01:30 AM
    Cameras aren’t really essential to me, I would be nice to have a good one, but if it is at least decent, then I’ll be fine. I mostly care about the power (CPU, GPU, RAM etc.), and the screens. Keep in mind that I’m trying looking for a brand, not a specific model, as I still have to pay off the phone I have. Since it is nighttime where I live, I’m going to sleep and reply again tomorrow.
    05-31-2020 01:34 AM
    Cameras aren’t really essential to me, I would be nice to have a good one, but if it is at least decent, then I’ll be fine. I mostly care about the power (CPU, GPU, RAM etc.), and the screens. Keep in mind that I’m trying looking for a brand, not a specific model, as I still have to pay off the phone I have. Since it is nighttime where I live, I’m going to sleep and reply again tomorrow.
    Ok , I'll catch up and explain tommorow as it's late by me also
    Aexerial likes this.
    05-31-2020 01:42 AM
    Hi and Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you here. There is a lot going on in Android world and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Samsungs are very powerful and come with lots of RAM.
    Aexerial likes this.
    05-31-2020 01:46 AM
    Welcome aboard.

Whichever brand you choose, you would need a high-spec model to match the performance of the iPhone 11.
    05-31-2020 06:27 AM
    Welcome to the forums.
    05-31-2020 08:14 AM
    05-31-2020 08:45 AM
    I think that before considering brands you need to decide how much money you want to spend on a new phone, specially since you care about performance.

For entry level and mid-ranger phones brands like Moto and their G series will offer much more value for money than Samsung, for example. Moto phones come with a skin very close to stock Android, outperforming Samsung's M, A and J series, when you compare similar priced models.

In the top mid-ranger category nothing will be better, performance wise, than the Pixel 3a/3a XL and OnePlus 7/7T models. Since you also mentioned the screen OnePlus could probably be a better choice here, focusing on the models with 90 hz displays.

In the flagship category most brands will give you top notch screens and performance and the selection should be narrowed depending on some specific specs and personal preferences.
    Aexerial likes this.
    05-31-2020 09:04 AM
    Then it would be either the s20 series or 1+8
    For GPU, CPU, RAM
    05-31-2020 11:39 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Right now, I’m considering to get a OnePlus phone when I upgrade now. I really like the high-end specs and sacrificing features that I don’t use/need for a cheaper price point.
    05-31-2020 01:50 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Right now, I’m considering to get a OnePlus phone when I upgrade now. I really like the high-end specs and sacrificing features that I don’t use/need for a cheaper price point.
    One plus is a excellent choice!
    05-31-2020 02:56 PM
    They make excellent devices and if I had to buy a new phone right now I'd probably go for the 7T. @mustang7757 and myself have different OnePlus model so feel free to ask anything you need.
    mustang7757 and JHStewart1023 like this.
    05-31-2020 03:33 PM
    They make excellent devices and if I had to buy a new phone right now I'd probably go for the 7T. @mustang7757 and myself have different OnePlus model so feel free to ask anything you need.
    Definitely agree
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    05-31-2020 03:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central!
    06-04-2020 09:46 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! We are happy to have you here! We have many users here who have switched from iPhone to Android - and vice versa! And then we have users who own devices from both platforms! You'll be in good company here!

Going for OnePlus is an excellent decision! They make wonderful devices and I've heard that Oxygen OS is phenomenal.

I've always been interested in OnePlus phones and almost pulled the trigger on the 5T! They have all been excellent models. And they're close to stock Android, so it will be an easy learning curve!

Please let us know what you decide!
    06-04-2020 09:56 AM