Re: Greeting everyone !!

Diannah7

Mar 13, 2021
Visit site

Hello Android Central

I'm a new member. I like fixing things and creating crafts. I have some computer skills. I come here to get some insight about my android. I have always been a iPhone junkie but decided to try a Samsung phone nothing fancy, SM-A505U (1.5 yrs-old), keeping it simple. I wanted a Samsung so I can paired it with Samsung TV and tablet.

Recently, I begin having problems with my phone. Restarting by itself, all my txt messages disappeared, echoes or extra sounds in phone calls, Bluetooth turning on by itself, etc. Also, this was happening on my tablet especially the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turning on by itself after I shut it off.
QUESTION: Can you help me resolve this and have I been hack?

Looking forward to your answer(s)...Thank You

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Hi, welcome to AC!
The stuff you mentioned doesn't mean your hacked , your device is having issues , have you tried safe mode for certain amount of time see if those things are happening .

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! We have a lot of users here who have switched from iOS to Android; or vice versa. You are in good company!

With regards to the issues you are having with your device, I too recommend booting your phone into Safe Mode and seeing if any of those issues still persist.

Keep us posted on what happens, and enjoy yourself around the forums! :)

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

Hello Android Central

I'm a new member. I like fixing things and creating crafts. I have some computer skills. I come here to get some insight about my android. I have always been a iPhone junkie but decided to try a Samsung phone nothing fancy, SM-A505U (1.5 yrs-old), keeping it simple. I wanted a Samsung so I can paired it with Samsung TV and tablet.

Recently, I begin having problems with my phone. Restarting by itself, all my txt messages disappeared, echoes or extra sounds in phone calls, Bluetooth turning on by itself, etc. Also, this was happening on my tablet especially the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turning on by itself after I shut it off.

Welcome to Android Central!!!! Post early and post often.....

I'm no techie like the smart ones here. I have no idea about safe mode etc.

Couple things I would do that are simple. Hard boot the phone. Make sure there's reasonable available memory. Check to make sure apps up to date.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Hello Android Central

Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!
Besides the great advice from others, check your phone and Google settings. Sometimes they can make the Bluetooth go on to better interact with other devices or turn the Wi-Fi on when cellular signal isn't good enough.