👋 Hello, Android Central Folks!

violet_teloiv

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
Hey Folks,

I’m Violet. New to the forums and semi-new to Android. Had Android phones previously, but jumped ship to Apple for a few years. I’ve come back over to Android. Lately I’ve been unimpressed with Apple and their mobile phone offerings, and after two separate disappointing phone experiences (iPhone 11 & iPhone SE 2) it was time for a change. I’m not loyal to any one brand, but if something isn’t working for me I’m going to find something else that does.

Purchased a Samsung Galaxy S21+ yesterday and I’m very impatiently awaiting its arrival. 😆

Glad to have found this forum and looking forward to meeting folks here & brushing up on my Android knowledge.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hello Violet. Nice to meet you and welcome back to Android. We have a lot of users who are current or former Apple users and you are most welcome here. Good luck with your new S21+. They look like really nice phones.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome and enjoy. :)

There are very few phones, Apple or Android, that please me now. I'm waiting for sensible designs to return.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, Violet! So glad you found us and are excitedly awaiting your brand-new Samsung Galaxy S21+ phone! Let us know how you like it!

That's too bad that you didn't like the SE 2 - I knew I myself had high hopes for it, as its predecessor was nothing short of magnicifent. However, you gotta use what works for you - being loyal to a brand doesn't mean much in the end, if you're not satisfied!

Glad you are back on the green side - enjoy yourself around the forums!

violet_teloiv

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, Violet! So glad you found us and are excitedly awaiting your brand-new Samsung Galaxy S21+ phone! Let us know how you like it!

That's too bad that you didn't like the SE 2

Hi Morty. Thanks for the welcome.
The issue with the iPhone SE 2 was twofold - I found it too small for my needs & it just hasn’t performed on par with what I’m used to from Apple in terms of their previous phones. Another reason that helped me decide to jump ship was having a disappointing experience with AppleCare. I purchased the SE 2 last September and in late November it started having faults with the screen and Siri. When I contacted Apple about it, they said that even though I had AppleCare on the phone, they were not going to send me a new boxed product. The only thing they could offer me was a refurb, which I believe was unreasonable considering it was an eight week old smartphone. Because I needed a phone for work, they had me over a barrel and I had to go with the “like new” replacement. To say it left a bad taste in my mouth is a wee bit of an understatement. I know things happen and sometimes new phones are faulty, but to have them come back and straight up decline to offer me a truly new unit was a dealbreaker for me. I’m heavily in the Apple ecosystem and I will hold on to the SE until it dies, but it will make me think twice about having Apple be my default primary phone from here on out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance