To make a long story short my evo goes to fast boot everytime I turn it on. I have no nandroid backup and I wiped the phone and cache and all that. I have a micro SD card reader for the computer. I was wondering if I can get a new rom and put it on the SD card to flash it onto the evo but I have no idea how. Am I fu**ed?
    07-12-2011 09:20 PM
    Hi and welcome. Sounds like you wiped your current ROM so your phone doesn't anything to boot into, flashing a new ROM should fix the problem.
    07-12-2011 09:23 PM
    Hi and welcome. Sounds like you wiped your current ROM so your phone doesn't anything to boot into, flashing a new ROM should fix the problem.
    thank you for a reply. But how exactly do I do that with the SD card. i see way to many stuff in there and don't know were to put the ROM. sorry if I'm asking for too much..
    07-12-2011 09:27 PM
    thank you for a reply. But how exactly do I do that with the SD card. i see way to many stuff in there and don't know were to put the ROM. sorry if I'm asking for too much..
    You can place the ROM on the root of your sdcard. In other words, don't place it in any folder. If you would like a nice suggestion for a wonderful EVO ROM, you should go with MikMik's v2.0 ROM - theMikMik.com • View topic - Download Links

You'll have to create a login, of course, but it's worth it.
    blackout97 likes this.
    07-12-2011 10:22 PM
    ok. thanks again.. but now I think my problem got extremely worse, when I plug in the SD card to the laptop it says that there is absolutely nothing in it. now does this mean that I lost my root too? or should I just get a new phone because I'm too screwed?
    07-13-2011 03:26 PM
    ok. thanks again.. but now I think my problem got extremely worse, when I plug in the SD card to the laptop it says that there is absolutely nothing in it. now does this mean that I lost my root too? or should I just get a new phone because I'm too screwed?
    You shouldn't have lost root, you might have unknowingly erased your SD card. Go ahead and download a ROM, put it on your SD card and flash it. And of course don't hesitate to ask if yo have any more questions.
    07-13-2011 03:46 PM
    You shouldn't have lost root, you might have unknowingly erased your SD card. Go ahead and download a ROM, put it on your SD card and flash it. And of course don't hesitate to ask if yo have any more questions.
    OK. i have tried two different ROMS and i get the same bull sh.. when i drag it into the SD card it says 'The disk write is protected' & it also says 'remove the write protection or use another disk' how do i do that?
    07-13-2011 08:03 PM
    OK. i have tried two different ROMS and i get the same bull sh.. when i drag it into the SD card it says 'The disk write is protected' & it also says 'remove the write protection or use another disk' how do i do that?
    I assume you are using a micro SD card adapter to connect your card to your PC? If so there should be a little slider switch on the side of the adapter, that's the write protection switch. All you have to do is use that switch to turn write protection off and you should be good to go.
    blackout97 likes this.
    07-13-2011 08:19 PM
    I assume you are using a micro SD card adapter to connect your card to your PC? If so there should be a little slider switch on the side of the adapter, that's the write protection switch. All you have to do is use that switch to turn write protection off and you should be good to go.
    OK. that worked. Thank you for that big help.. i got the rom in the phone but there is another problem that i was not expecting. When i go into recovery mode.. where exactly do i go? i belive that i have to 'choose zip from SD card' under 'install zip from SD card' but when i go there, it says 'E:Can't mount /SD card'
    07-13-2011 09:58 PM
    OK. that worked. Thank you for that big help.. i got the rom in the phone but there is another problem that i was not expecting. When i go into recovery mode.. where exactly do i go? i belive that i have to 'choose zip from SD card' under 'install zip from SD card' but when i go there, it says 'E:Can't mount /SD card'
    Sounds like you might need to format your SD card. Connect it to your PC, right click, choose "format", and be sure you format to fat32. Formatting will erase all data on the card, so you'll have to put the .zip file for the ROM you want to flash back on the card when you're done.
    07-13-2011 10:24 PM
    sounds like you might need to format your sd card. Connect it to your pc, right click, choose "format", and be sure you format to fat32. Formatting will erase all data on the card, so you'll have to put the .zip file for the rom you want to flash back on the card when you're done.
    man i cant thank you enough! You are the best! Thank you for your time dude!
    07-13-2011 10:47 PM
    man i cant thank you enough! You are the best! Thank you for your time dude!
    No problem. Glad everything worked out for you.

Sent from my HTC Droid Nexus using Tapatalk.
    07-13-2011 10:48 PM
    sounds like you might need to format your sd card. Connect it to your pc, right click, choose "format", and be sure you format to fat32. Formatting will erase all data on the card, so you'll have to put the .zip file for the rom you want to flash back on the card when you're done.
    dude you are awesome! It worked perfect! Thank you so much for your time and effort!
    07-13-2011 10:54 PM
    dude you are awesome! It worked perfect! Thank you so much for your time and effort!
    Awesome! Always happy to help.

Sent from my HTC Droid Nexus using Tapatalk.
    07-13-2011 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD