ras47 Checking In

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I'm Bob and I'm a Gemini vegetarian... No-wait-I was channeling Elle Woods for a second there... :D

Loooong time BlackBerry user and iPhone user here. My last Android phone was the Evo 4G on Sprint. As a lifelong Mac user the iPhone was simply the path of least resistance. Once the wife and kids went iPhone I decided to give it a try. The integration with my Macs nailed it down for me. I never felt roped into the Apple ecosystem and have been happy with iOS ever since the 4s model.

My parents (in their 80s) just got their first smartphones when their old flip phones went End of Life. I told them to get iPhones as I could solve any problems they ran across, but alas, my father bought Pixels. I don't know why, but he seems to have a fear of Apple products. Knowing darn well I'd be their first call when issues arose with their mobiles just like with all their computer/network issues, I figured I should familiarize myself with Android in its current form. Like I said, its been a minute or two since I had any Android experience. I picked up a cheap but clean used Pixel 3a XL I planned to use from time to time, always intending to go back to my iPhone after a day or two. Turns out I love Android.

It's gotten so much easier to get the MacOS and Android to co-exist compared to way back in the day. There has been a lot of convergence, making the entire proposition far more simple. And I like simple. I'll still go back and forth between an iPhone 11 Pro Max and a Pixel 5 (new purchase) but far less often than I ever planned.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The 3a XL is a solid phone -- I got one for my parents a while back, and I'm actually using one now as an interim phone after my Pixel 3 XL died (and while I wait for the Pixel 6 to come out).

Do your parents also use Macs? Although the Android/Mac interface has improved throughout the years, I still see threads about some glitchiness -- it still works a bit more smoothly with PCs, it seems. The tightest integration is with Chromebooks.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I too jumped ship from BlackBerry to Android a few years back. Using Android and Apple and switching between the two for what best suits your needs is definitely a game changer! Good for you!

Enjoy yourself around the forums!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles