Hello Android Central

Mumblefratz

Dec 9, 2022
Visit site
I'm a retired electrical hardware design engineer that's looking for help understanding and using various Android devices.

For 35 years I designed computers ranging from mainframes to minicomputers to UNIX workstations to PC's along with a plethora of network and communication hardware. I also spent a 5 year stint designing medical imaging equipment (Ultrasound, CT's and MRI's).

The thing is that my software knowledge is pretty much limited to the user level, although I have gotten into editing the registery, changing group policies and uninstalling system packages with powershell on the PC, and, using ADB to do the same sort of stuff on Android.

As far as my android experience I only starting using Android tablets about a year ago and although I have a Samsung Fold 3 and a Samsung Flip 3, I just use them as a generic android tablet and have never used them as a phone (nor do I really want to).

I've been a member at XDA Developers forum for awhile and although I have gotten useful snippets of advice there, in general the stuff they go into is way over my head.

I'm looking for user level android help that doesn't require a degree in computer science. Hopefully this is the place to get that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Your career sounds fascinating, and I'm sure you'll be able to render assistance to others here as well!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm a retired electrical hardware design engineer that's looking for help understanding and using various Android devices.

For 35 years I designed computers ranging from mainframes to minicomputers to UNIX workstations to PC's along with a plethora of network and communication hardware. I also spent a 5 year stint designing medical imaging equipment (Ultrasound, CT's and MRI's).

The thing is that my software knowledge is pretty much limited to the user level, although I have gotten into editing the registery, changing group policies and uninstalling system packages with powershell on the PC, and, using ADB to do the same sort of stuff on Android.

As far as my android experience I only starting using Android tablets about a year ago and although I have a Samsung Fold 3 and a Samsung Flip 3, I just use them as a generic android tablet and have never used them as a phone (nor do I really want to).

I've been a member at XDA Developers forum for awhile and although I have gotten useful snippets of advice there, in general the stuff they go into is way over my head.

I'm looking for user level android help that doesn't require a degree in computer science. Hopefully this is the place to get that.

Welcome to the forums. Have you submitted a thread for your question yet?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Thank you for telling us about yourself! You'll find users of all tech walks of life here! Enjoy yourself around the forums! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae