Another Blackberry Bites The Dust

ick

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Just entering the Android world. Seems there's a lot to be learned. I don't even know how to figure out which OS my phone is on yet. :cool:

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi and welcome to AC and to Android. You've come to the right place to learn. To find out what version of Android your running click menu>settings>about phone.

ick

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks... any tips on where I should start? I was pretty savvy with the BB by the time I realized it was really outdated and only did one thing well. I hate to admit it but I am a little intimidated by the Droid... there's so much more going on it seems.

ick

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
[post removed by moderator]

Um... thanks for your response, but I don't know how your post is relevant to me saying hello and asking for a place to begin. This is my 3rd post on this forum, it's a pretty interesting welcome to the site that you present. I somehow think that you posted this in the wrong thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Um... thanks for your response, but I don't know how your post is relevant to me saying hello and asking for a place to begin. This is my 3rd post on this forum, it's a pretty interesting welcome to the site that you present. I somehow think that you posted this in the wrong thread.

We have a very good moderator team here at AC. If you ever run into any problems, just do exactly what you did here and we'll take care of the situation/member. And btw, welcome to AndroidCentral! :D

ick

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
We have a very good moderator team here at AC. If you ever run into any problems, just do exactly what you did here and we'll take care of the situation/member. And btw, welcome to AndroidCentral! :D

Wow! What a responsive moderator! Thanks for that and the welcome. Boy, do I have a lot to learn about this smartphone.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow! What a responsive moderator! Thanks for that and the welcome. Boy, do I have a lot to learn about this smartphone.

I came from a Blackberry Tour 9630, so I know how you feel. Learning about Android can seem very daunting at first. I'd recommend checking out these two links: Getting Started with Android and Android Lingo. Have fun, and feel free to post in the Droid Charge Forum with any questions you have.

Reactions: ick

ick

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
This will be fun! Thanks for the tips. Once I finally got my corporate email sorted and the slight bluetooth issue with the car fixed I am really enjoying the 'Droid experience. This thing does things that are unthinkable on a BB really. I like tech and how things operate so I will be doing a lot of reading here it seems.