Lg Optimus "Your phone does not have an SD card inserted"

hcjhon

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my LG Optimus and a few days later I noticed that, I could not access my SD card in my phone. My camera function,Gallery and Music did not work, I would get the following error "Your phone does not have an SD card inserted".

I tried loading firmware updates to no avail, I tried reformatting the SD card, still no good, I tried new SD cards still no good. Finally I noticed a little bit of a play with the SD card while was still inserted in the phone; I pulled out the SD card used little strips of scotch tape on top of the SD card to make it thicker, re inserted the SD card in the phone, and BINGO, SD card is now detected and everything works....I hope this helps someone.....Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: bafenner

bafenner

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my LG Optimus and a few days later I noticed that, I could not access my SD card in my phone. My camera function,Gallery and Music did not work, I would get the following error "Your phone does not have an SD card inserted".

I tried loading firmware updates to no avail, I tried reformatting the SD card, still no good, I tried new SD cards still no good. Finally I noticed a little bit of a play with the SD card while was still inserted in the phone; I pulled out the SD card used little strips of scotch tape on top of the SD card to make it thicker, re inserted the SD card in the phone, and BINGO, SD card is now detected and everything works....I hope this helps someone.....Thanks!
I hope I don't drop my Optimus, but this is good to keep in the back of my mind.
Many Thanks. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO