Greetings and Salutations!

anon(4832164)

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello Android Central members!

My name is J.J., I've had my ThunderBolt for a little over two months now. About two weeks ago I rooted it. I was planning on either freezing or uninstalled all the crapware, but I decided to try the Bamf Stripped 2.1 ROM instead. I'm glad I did. Except for a few minor issues its been blazing fast and very stable with a long battery life. I'm so glad to be rid of HTC Sense! I like the Sense interface, but it's so slooow.

I've been a Computer Consultant for 25 years. My first PDA was the Palm Pro. I went through several Palm devices, before switching to the Treo 270. I had several Treos. My last was the Palm 755p. I've been loyal to Palm for almost 15 years it was hard to give up the Palm OS. After doing some research I purchased the Palm Pre Plus. I loved WebOS, but there were no apps! I finally gave up on Palm, broke down and bought my first Android. Best decision I ever made.

Thanks Milo for writing the great intro to Android for WebOS users!

Although I'm new to Android, I've been working on computers since I was 10 and I've come up to speed pretty quickly. Right now I'm following How to Geek's instructions for setting up SSH on my dd-wrt router, then Lifehackers on SSH Tunnel for Android. I use a lot of open wireless networks in my town and I want to be secure!

Setup SSH on Your Router for Secure Web Access from Anywhere - How-To Geek
SSH Tunnel Provides a Secure Internet Connection for Your Android Device with One Click

I've use Google Apps almost exclusively, through I'm disappointed they haven't opened Google+ to Google Apps Accounts yet. One of the main reasons I chose the ThunderBolt was Android's integration with Google Voice. I use Google Voice extensively in my business.

I'd like to thank everyone that's posted on these forums. I've learned a lot very quickly due to all the information here at Android Central.

Thanks!

JJQuin