Introducing myself...

L-o-n-g-time PalmOS user, then webOS. With HP's bombshell, I've got to explore other options. Looks like a two-horse race right now (Apple & Google).

Have a Pre (Plus) on Sprint, and don't want to give up the substantial savings just yet, so iPhone is out.

Look forward to trying to find an Android phone that fits!
    08-24-2011 01:40 PM
    There is a large selection of Android phones that you can look at. It all depends on what you are looking for. Screen size, virtual or real keyboard, unskinned Android or skins such as Sense, TouchWiz, and MotoBlur (each with its own "flavor"), etc. I would suggest you go to the Sprint store and play around with the phones they have available there. I would recommend that you get a dual-core phone at this stage, however.

You can also look at this page for some info on how to work with Android. I found it quite useful when I moved to Android: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ps-tricks.html
    08-24-2011 01:47 PM
    Welcome, dear webOS Refugee. Welcome to the club. I am moving from my Pre to an EVO 3D today. Looking forward to having a reliable phone.
    08-24-2011 02:39 PM
    Thanks! A very quick look and I like the Evo 3D (though heavy/bulky and I could really care less for 3D), the Photon 4G, the Nexus S 4G so far.

I'd really like a physical keyboard, having had one since forever with Palm, but am not tied down to it. iPhone's virtual keyboard is very nice, but while my fingers are by no means fat I still make too many typos on it. I guess I'd get better with routine use.

Don't have nearly enough knowledge to have an opinion on unskinned OS or not, but jumping around the site, there looks to be a ton of good stuff to go through.
    08-24-2011 03:16 PM
    speedtouch - I feel your pain, though my Pre has been ok. I have some issues with it, but I always do. I figure that's more me than the Pre. Let me know how the 3D goes - look forward to hearing from a previous Pre owners perspective. mac
    08-24-2011 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD