What in the world am I doin' with a Droid (or any Smart Phone)?

straygator

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm 61 and will probably croak before I discover all the stuff these phones can do but I'm gonna' take a leap and go for the Bionic or the SGS2. I really don't deserve a phone like either of these but what the hell...

Now, for the average Joe-Six-Pack is there any real difference? I don't know the tech-speak so is there any practical difference that I will notice if I were to A/B side-by-side?

Thanks! (cool forum!)

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
First off, what network are you on? Droid bionic is only on Verizon. And they don't have a variant of the sgs2. At least not yet. I'm personally not a big fan of motorola, but if build quality and durability is a key concern, try the bionic out. Side by side, you'll notice a big difference in user interface. You'll have to try both phones personally and see what you like better. I tend to think that Samsung's touchwiz ui is a bit less intrusive but that's just me.

If you're on Verizon, I'd wait for news of the Nexus Prime. Look for news to start flooding the web on Tuesday night\Wednesday morning. That's the phone I would love to get.

In short, however, my advice to you is to try them both in the store and see for yourself. Read lots of reviews, but don't let them sway you too much. It's about what YOU want in a phone, and YOUR needs in particular. And if you have questions and need an opinion, the AC community is always here to help!

Sent from my Epic 4G :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC