Alright it's rather long, but I just want to cover all the bases. Bare (bear?) with me here...

I just bought the Samsung Admire with MetroPCS. It runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread. I bought a pair of headphones with an on/off mic attached. The first time I tried listening to music with them on Rhapsody, I had the volume all the way up and it was just barely audible... But a few minutes later I could hear the music fine. Since then I've tried making phone calls using the headset multiple times and have had multiple problems. The first time, I could hear the person talking on the other end, but whether the mic was on or off, he still couldn't hear me. The second time I had the exact opposite problem: The receiving end could hear me through the mic, but I couldn't hear anything from her end. I've also had calls fade in and out, too.

That makes me think it's an issue with either the headphones or the jack... except I just got both the phone and the headset brand-new today! I've considered that maybe the case for the phone is interfering with the connection to the jack, but it doesn't seem to touch the cord or plug at all...
    there's a speaker setting on the screen while I'm on the phone, but it doesn't seem to change anything when I tamper with it.

I really don't want to have to find a ride back up to the store if it's something I can fix myself. Maybe there's something obvious that I'm missing? Any suggestions?
    10-20-2011 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD