Hello to all my new friends!

I, much like many others I am sure, have just came over from the dark side (Blackberry). I used my upgrade to move into the world of Android which is something I have wanted to do for a few months now.

Although I loved (emphasis on the past tense) my Blackberry Storm 2, I was slowly starting to see the inefficiencies with the OS and well, BB in general. I am, and have been for a very long time, a "geek". Although not your typical geek mind you. I was always the guy that no one would ever suspect as having any computer knowledge at all. I was on the high school football and hockey teams, dated more girls than I could count, and was always at all the great parties etc.. etc... --Not trying to boast, just trying to give some background.

I started my computer fascination back with the commodore 64 (that should give you some clue as to my age) and have not looked back since. I ran a chain of BBS'es back then and essentially for those not familiar with the term, I (and the others who did the same) were the Internet before the Internet was someone's wet dream. Yea.. back in the day when cracking a game was done in ML (machine language) and a crack team made a "demo" for distro as a way to show off their expertise. Funny thing is that many of the contacts that I have had from back then still exist and they are good friends to have, if you catch my drift.

Anyway.. I am thrilled to be here and I am anxious to learn as much as I can about the Android OS. Like I said, although I have the capacity to pick all this up, I have never had an opportunity to play around with Android until now. So I have never paid too much attention to what was going on in the Android world cause I was stuck on my 'Berry. Now if it comes down to hybrid OS's and things of that nature with regards to a BB, I can do that all day long. But I prefer to forget that I ever had a berry. After playing around with my 'Droid for just two days it has become clear to me the sheer amount of power the OS has and how much better this phone (because of the OS) is when compared to my old phone. I love it!

So hello to my new friends, like I said. Yes, I am a 'Droid noob, but eager to learn so you will most likely see me around the forums a lot for the next couple weeks asking questions and what not. But I learn quick so please have some patience and I will do what I can to help others as well. I'm a good forum guy. I don't flame, troll, or anything else that tends to be a drag on a forum.

I'm just glad to be here. Thanks. And I look forward to meeting many of you!

ssjTiamat (Tony)

Diverse By Design
    12-31-2011 12:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central... Enjoy the boards.
    12-31-2011 12:24 PM
    Thanks!

I cannot believe how many new threads there are in this forum just in introductions since I posted my intro thread! It is amazing!
    01-05-2012 09:58 PM
    Don't forget to check out the thread below...

BlackBerry User's Guide to Android

FYI, I too am from the Commodore/Atari Computer days
    01-05-2012 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD