Upgrading to skyrocket -sync Exchange & Outlook

wgrayson

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the Galaxy Skyrocket. I'm ditching my winmo 6.5 phone in a few days when my contract expires for a skyrocket. What I have gotten extremely used to is being able to use my phone in syncing my corporate exchange contacts and calendar entries with my home PC outlook 2010 contacts and calendar entries. So, I'm seeing a lot of information on these forums but can't make sense of it. Is that easy to do without buying a 3rd party app? The closest I've seen is some free google pc download called KIES, but I'm not sure if it works the way I want it to.

Any tips, or links to other threads on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

W!

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
KIES is the program Samsung produces to help sync their phones to your computer. It is one of many solutions available for syncing Android with Outlook, and it may not be the one for you. A good place to start looking is SyncDroid.net - they have a pretty comprehensive list of what's out there. Some are free, some cost. Some are simple, others are more robust and powerful.

Take a look around at the options they have. Clearly, I'm biased towards CompanionLink ;) (our own solution). It can sync contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, categories, and more. You can even try it for free to see if it's a good fit for you. And if you have any questions about it, I'm here to help.

All this said, enjoy the new phone! If you've never used Android before, it may take some getting used to. Stick with it, though. It will definitely be worth it! And when in doubt, come back to the forums - they're a great resource for any/all questions.

- David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty