I've been using TMobile as my carrier for a long time and just have a Samsung t139 phone. A couple of years ago, I delved into the Apple world and got myself a third generation iPod Touch. I liked being able to take pictures, listen to music, go on the internet from time to time, and be able to call AAA in case of an emergency. I hated carrying around two devices, though. I decided it's time to get myself a Smartphone. After looking through a lot of forums, I knew I wanted to get something fairly simple, with a physical QWERTY keyboard, but with enough power to at least run Android 2.2 or even 2.3. I also knew it had to be something not awfully expensive, since I'm just starting out. The TMobile HTC G2 seemed like a good introduction to smartphones, so I found one today on Ebay. Now the wait for it to arrive so I can start fiddling around with it!

I am sort of a techie, as I can build desktop PCs and have done refurbishing of laptop PCs. With technology moving so fast and with me not working (disabled military veteran), I'm now pretty much in the dark about all the gadgets. These forums look like a good place to learn about Android and all that goes with it, plus I like that there is a separate forum for people who have the phone I'm getting.

All for now, will be hanging out in the G2 threads and might end up asking a lot of questions!
    02-13-2012 09:45 PM
    Welcome to the Android Central forums. Enjoy.

Sent using Tapatalk
    02-13-2012 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD