New member here in need of some help. Epics apparently do not like swimming in a commode as it is being flushed. Retrieved phone from its perilous journey quickly, and removed battery and blew out with compressed air several times and heated in oven at very low temp 2 times. Phone does turn on and some functions seem to work but sometimes are slow to do their thing. The biggest problem I have is there is no 3g or phone signal. Does someone know how to try reset this without completely wiping everything on the out? Thanks in advance for any help on this embarrassing situation!
    04-11-2012 11:29 AM
    Might try leaving it opened up in a bowl of rice overnight, in the long run you'll probably want a new phone.
    I had one go swimming in a Margarita once and it did survive, but it did not swim quite as long as yours did.
    04-11-2012 11:41 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the above suggestion works for you.

Best of luck.. Welcome aboard.
    04-11-2012 05:42 PM
    Rush & LongKnives: Thanks for your help, tried everything and ran thru tech support with sprint, it wont even hard boot now so sounds like its a gonner. Taking in to the repair center to see what they are going to do. Have the insurance policy on it so hope it covers this. Really missing the phone it's my portable back up brain, all my daily life functions are in it so running around in a fog right now. Thanks again for the support!
    04-11-2012 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD