hi guys & girls,

i am a total newbies to anything androids.. have been using blackberry for all my life and apple for the half of it.. and so used to carrying both blackberry and iphone since their first release..

recently got an One X for my wife, but she doesn't like it.. so i had to use it and exchange with my 4S.. so yeah.. its kinda "i dont really wants it, but i had to use it" things..

am still very confuse phone user.. its like.. is that my phone ringing? or is that sms? email or fb notification that just arrive? or.. how do i set this stuffs? is it available on this droid?

anyway.. this is just an introduction from me.. i can answer almost anything with blackberry.. but when it comes to droid.. i need your guidance..

oh yeah.. i am facing the following issues;

1. excessive heats when ever i am using the phone for playing angry bird space (yeah i know! but hey.. its an interesting games to play in a bored meeting right?).. okay back to the heat.. even when i am just using it to compose emails or sms.. it generates quite an unbearable heat..

2. the battery really drain so fast.. like yesterday at 6pm it was 100% fully charge before i drove back to home.. throughout my 45 drives.. it has dropped to 80% and by the time 10pm it has gone down to 30% without me even touching it.. i suspected that there's lot of running apps.. my friends suggested me to use the ATK, Nortons, task manager.. but all these apps/processes just kept on popping back alive!

please help me...

-your humble newbie-
    04-23-2012 10:26 PM
    First off, welcome to Android! You will have fun if things go your way.

I would suggest changing the sounds for the ringtone and notifications, my Charge had very distinct sounds for both, but one of the beauties of Android is that you can make the phone totally yours...and I do mean totally.

I can not give you specific advice on the One X, but usually going into the menu, you will see something along the lines of "sounds" and there you can change things up.

What you really should do is hit the One X forums here at AC and a few other places (AC is the best, but a second opinion never hurts right?) to get specific answers to your issues.

As a ton of questions, if you still unsure of yourself with whatever you are doing (especially rooting and rom'ing if you go that route) ASK MORE QUESTIONS. If the One X community is anything like the others I have been involved with, you will get your answers and understand them.

The key is to take the time to learn your device now, and you will save a ton of frustration and time later.

Good luck and if you have something I can help you with please feel free to hit me up in a PM
    razzali likes this.
    04-24-2012 01:23 AM
    thank you so much piizzadude.. for your timely and swiftly responses.

i've wrote a feedback at HTC support and they had reverted back with the following;

that is very fast as compared to those of Apple and RIM..

-----------
    Dear Razali,

Thank you for contacting HTC!

With reference to your query, to solve the issues you have mentioned, please update you ROM to the latest by going to Home>Settings>About>Software update>check now.

Please be reminded to back up all of your personal data on your handset before you do the update as the process may delete them.

However, if your phone's software is up to date, and the issues still persist, you may go to the HTC Singapore Service Center located at 1, Harbour Front Avenue, #01-06 Keppel Bay Tower SG 098632 (Mon-Fri: 10am-7pm, Sat:10am-3pm, Sunday/Public holidays: closed) or you may call the HTC hotline to arrange a pick-up service for your HTC phone.

Lastly, please prepare a copy of your proof of purchase and bring it with you to the service center for warranty verification.

Thank you for your continuous support of our products and services. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Have a nice day!

We look forward to be of service to you again.

HTC
    Hotline: 1800-238-7788 (Toll Free Number)
    Hotline Operation Hours:
    (Monday to Saturday) 8:00AM-8:00PM
    (Sunday) 9:00AM-6:00 PM

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.
    04-24-2012 07:06 AM
    on top of what piizzadude and HTC had suggested, i have also disable all the auto-sync, all vibration, all unnecessary weather updates widget, cancel all widget like the calendar, people stream, message, world clock, reduced the brightness to just 15% and cancel the automatic brightness adjustment.

the result was

100% at 0900hrs
    42% at 2008hrs

looks good so far..

thanks..
    04-24-2012 07:09 AM
    how is the heat thing working out?

It might be a bad battery if that persists...
    razzali likes this.
    04-24-2012 07:58 PM
    the heat is getting better now.. so does the battery after the OS update.. yesterday i managed to squeeze

100% at 0900hrs and it lasts until 0100 when the battery falls to 9% with moderate usage..
    04-25-2012 04:08 AM
    i gave up long ago fighting Android with the battery life. I pretty much have mine going full blast on most things. The way I look at it, and if the Maxx is any indicator I am right, the batteries will eventually catch up with our power demands.

I just carry an extra battery, also I have a charger at work and at home. I was out missing with the One X today, I liked it but didn't get too far into it...
    04-25-2012 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD