Listen,
    I've tried many virtual assistants and haven't found the Holy Grail as of yet. I currently have Iris, Jeanie, and Eva loaded. After trying a half dozen, these are the couple that have impressed me at all. Iris is very good at amusing casual conversation and getting reasonable answers to ad-hoc queries. Jeannie is in the ballpark for the same but is better at multimedia, like asking for the sound of a giraffe, or playing a Beatles song. Eva is far and away the closest that I've gotten to something reasonable for controlling the phone, house, audible and spoken communication, etc. Eva's failing is that she is not as good at answering ad-hoc queries and providing a reasonable answer...too hung up on using True Knowledge which is only passable. Also, she is more liable to answer with, "I'm sorry, I don't understand your question". Her abilities are extensive once you know how to phrase your desires using her vernacular. I carry a very large crib sheet of her abilities in order to minimize my frustration with her. Eva is the only software that I have seen fit to spend any money on thus far (or use, even over the free apps). Her biggest failing I would say has to do with her gluttonous usage of memory.

To see the impressive list of commands that Eva understands, go to www.bulletproof.com\eva

Eva is a material girl. You have to buy her after a brief courtship and she likes to consume the dressers and closet (memory) after she moves in with you.

...then she'll carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleeding,
    ...She's ahead of her time.
    ...She is frequently kind and she's suddenly cruel
    ...But she's always a woman to me
    ~ Billy Joel (She's always a woman)
    05-29-2012 12:00 PM
    And so, to my question, as much as I like Eva, I am searching for the best virtual assistant on the market. I would love to see a credible comparison of features and abilities. Even after many Google attempts, I don't see any viable comparisons. Does anyone know of a comparison?

Last, I find it odd that nobody so much as mentions Eva in virtual assistant discussions.
    05-29-2012 12:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central
    05-29-2012 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD