Hello all, noob here

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Been a blackberry user for years, finally decided to jump ship. Cant believe it took so long, love this. Anyways just giving my intro, glad to be here!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome I to jumped ship from being a longtime BlackBerry user. Boy what was I missing. Loving the android platform so far. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, i couldnt tell you how many times ive said something along the lines of 'wow can't believe what ive been missing' already.

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance, how come when im in silent mode the notification sound still goes off?

Aise from this i absolutely love my android device!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Silent mode should mute rings and notifications, but not media or alarms. You sure it's a notification you're hearing, or an alarm?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah im in silent mode and got a txt message and the notification sound went off lol, confused the hell out of me.. Im running ICS

I attached a screenshot, i assumed silent mode would put a slash thru all items..

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Been a blackberry user for years, finally decided to jump ship. Cant believe it took so long, love this. Anyways just giving my intro, glad to be here!

Welcome to Android and the forums! Glad to have you here. As for your error with notifications, I am not sure. Muting should disable all sounds except media and alarms.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae