HTC Droid Incredible SD Card problems

cefanter

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
hello,
I am a complete novice when it comes to technology. I bought my phone off ebay when my first one got stolen and my insurance plan decided not to cover it. I had some issues here and there but about two weeks ago, whenever I turned it on, it showed the start up screen over and over. I tried taking the battery out, rebooting it, everything. Finally, I just reset it to factory setting and then everything seemed to work better than ever, with one small exception...

My phone recognizes the SD card. I can unmount and mount it, I can access my data via the phone or through a card reader. Its only when I try to use the SD card, for example by opening the camera, that a pop up says "Please Insert and SD card before using the camera".

I tried reformatting the SD card to no avail. Any idea what could be wrong with it?

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it was rooted and the reader frayed the card a bit sometimes althoe rare the reader itself gets fryer also dust can mess things up get a can of compressed air for key boards and blow it out and see what happens try a new SD card and tell us what happens
INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

cefanter

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the welcomes!! I tried using another SD card and the same thing occurred. I have also realized that whenever I try to delete anything from my SD card, either by phone or through my computer, the next time I check, the data is all back. I have tried deleting 500 photos countless times. Any thoughts on what the hell is going on?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
So, you tried formatting the SD card, and, tried multiple SD cards and the issue is the same? I can't imagine this would be happening on two separate cards, as, that would indicated both cards are damaged. If you are using two different cards and having this same photo deleting issue, that would lead me to believe it would be the phone that is the problem. But, if you are experiencing issues whether using a phone or a PC, that'd lead me to believe the card is the problem. Either something is getting lost in communication, or, this makes no sense. I'm sticking by the SD card is the problem. If you format the card, verify the contents on a PC, then put the card into your phone and the photos are still there, then, the photos are probably on internal storage and not the SD card.

cefanter

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have used multiple SD cards in the phone and it has not recognized the presence of the SD card when in camera mode or when trying to access anything media related. But, when I insert the card, it shows up on the notifications bar at the top of the phone's screen. The thing is, I have used a card reader to plug in the SD card and I have still encountered the same issues. I have a mac. When I use disk utility to erase the contents of the SD card, the only thing that erases is the name. So I drag and drop all the files I want off my card into the trash can and they look to be gone. I remount my SD card and it loads all the old files back into the gallery of my phone.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you delete them from the SD card, but, they are still in your gallery, it can only be one of two things. They are either not getting deleted successfully from the SD card, or, they aren't on the SD card in the first place, but, are on the phone's internal storage.

Go into settings for your camera. Check to see if there is an option to decide where your photos are going. If there is, are they going to the phone or SD card?

cefanter

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Its definitely on my SD card because when i insert the SD card into a card reader that is external to my phone, I can still access all the photos. I checked the phone's internal memory and it does not have the data.

I went into Verizon yesterday, because the only thing I could think of is that the SD card is broken in some way and I wanted to check again using another SD card. I had done this before but there was the possibility that intact one was not mounted into my phone automatically and that I may need to mount it in settings. I hoped this was the case and that my phone actually was working, and I could replace the SD card. After trying the new SD card, I found that my phone did not recognize the new one. It recognizes the old one but won't let me use it because, I assume, it is too full of data. I don't know what to do at this point.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Were you able to format the new card when it was in your phone? Or, can you format it to the appropriate format in a computer, and, then see if a phone will recognize it?