Lost in Transition! Torch to Galaxy- HELP

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I recently blew out the torch and jumped aboard the Samsung ship to ride off into the Galaxy....but I don't know how how to use my space suit very well...

My issues so far include...a slow phone which I attribute to having too many apps going, so my first question is...

What is the best way to end an application.. BB apps have the option to close or exit, but Im not sure how to actually close an application on my Galaxy..

Next, I have downloaded the "Kies" app so I can sync my phone to my PC, and do back ups etc...just like I did with my BB...BUT, whenever I hook my phone to teh Kies app, it comes up as "connected as a usb connection"...and shows on the computer screen that is 'connecting" but this takes all day..with not a happy ending at all. What am I missing?

If I want to rearrange the apps that apper on my home screen, how do I do that? I have ones on the hoem page that I don't use, that I would like changed....

Finally...when I go off the internet, how can I close it so it resets to a home page when I go back in..I don't want to leave soem of my pages open incase my kids start playing with my phone...

Can anyone help?
Jenifer

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to AC!!

Settings >> Apps >> App You Want To Close >> Force Stop

Pull down your notifications, tap USB, you might be on charge only. Not sure which you need to be on, but, it's probably not that one.

Long press, then drag them around. If you want to get rid of one, long press, and drag it to the appropriate place to remove it. This should show up when you have the icon long pressed. It is different for different versions of Android and different Themes. Might be an X with the word Remove, might be a trashcan, etc. If you want to add some to your homescreen, in your App Drawer, long press it and it will let you add it.

Again, this depends. But, you can probably hit the menu button within the browser, then look for Windows/Tabs, there should be a way to close them from there.

Also, check out this beginner guide:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/31622-getting-started-android-tips-tricks.html

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much Devinator, you really helped me ALOT!
I took my phone to a Rogers store and he told me that he thinks the phone is messed up, so I ordered a new one...it takes about 5 hours to charge normally, and refuses to connect to Kies...
Now I need to figure out a way to back it up, so when I get the new phone, all my settings won't have to be redone...contacts etc...any ideas?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much Devinator, you really helped me ALOT!
I took my phone to a Rogers store and he told me that he thinks the phone is messed up, so I ordered a new one...it takes about 5 hours to charge normally, and refuses to connect to Kies...
Now I need to figure out a way to back it up, so when I get the new phone, all my settings won't have to be redone...contacts etc...any ideas?

No problem.

Are you not storing your contacts with Google? If not, you should, it's just easier.

I don't really think there is much backing up you can do without rooting your phone. Unless you want to look into that, I think you are just going to have to bite the bullet and set up your new phone again. You can push all the apps from Market to your new phone VIA a web browser on your computer to make app installation a little quicker. That's an easy one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae