Hi,

I'm not very technical but have tried quite a few different things in trying to get my phone to update my apps. This morning my phone displayed a message stating that the old version of Whatsapp would no longer work and Ineeded to update. I clicked on the download link and it briefly switched my phone off and then came back on with the same message.
    I went to Google Play and tried it from there and although it showed that it downloaded 100% when it came to installing my phone switched off again.

I have cleared the cache etc, made sure my mail was signed in, tried installing using wi-fi then just the 3g. Switched off and on again but nothing. I have now uninstalled Whatsapp and tried to reinstall but nothing...same thing just keeps happening.

I have now tried updating all updates (phone states that 12 apps require update) but again my phone switches off then back on again and nothing.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy SII on the Virgin network.

I can remember this happening a while ago, and I'm sure I had to update the Google Play store but I can't remember how I did it. Please can someone help me as I'm almost at the point where my phone is going to get thrown out of the window. Thanks guys!!

Sammy
    10-28-2012 06:03 AM
    It sounds like you're going to have to do a hard reset of the phone. But before that, try removing the battery, wait a minute then reinstall and power up.
    SammyJB likes this.
    10-28-2012 06:08 AM
    Google play store updates on its on, you do nothing.
    SammyJB likes this.
    10-28-2012 06:09 AM
    Thanks will try that and see how it goes. By a hard reset you mean a factory reset?
    10-28-2012 06:33 AM
    Thanks will try that and see how it goes. By a hard reset you mean a factory reset?
    Yes
    10-28-2012 07:02 AM
    Hmm what any store version are you running?
    You check by opening the play store. menu button settings and tell me the build number at the bottom.
    Should be 3.9.16 if not you can get the newer play store .apk and manually update the play store or just wait for the push from google
    INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    10-28-2012 07:27 AM