Hello all,

I'm MichaelBR, aka Mickets or MicketsBR in some other forums (but there could be someone elsewhere with the same username - beware!).

I've been with Android for about 1.5 years now. But let's move back a bit. It all started in the 90s when I got my first Texas Instruments personal organizer which I used and dropped until the LCD couldn't be read very well. In 2001 I got my Palm m105, then came the Palm TX, from which I squeezed out each bit and some more, did some hacking etc.

I stuck with a PDA separate from a phone for a while. I preferred it like that, and maybe I still do. But then the TX was just getting old. The screen wasn't bright enough, and its WiFi radio just couldn't see the WiFI from the newer routers.

Last year I saw my brother's Xperia X10 Mini Pro, and got excited. I got an Xperia X8, which I rooted and did many fancy things with. This year my wife and I went to get a new phone for her, and she liked the Galaxy Ace. But after I bought it... she gave it to me! She doesn't fancy tech stuff, but is now forced to live with my old X8.

The Galaxy Ace is nice. Literally 5 minutes after getting home with it, it was already rooted and I was restoring my stuff from the other device, via Titanium Backup.

But I really want (need?) a Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note, or a Motorola Razr. Something with more power and battery life. Or a tablet-sized device would be great as well, so I can carry all my songs chords and lyrics on it (and not have to read them from a tiny screen).

Can't really afford one now, so I just hang around with the Ace.

When I have time, I post how-tos and some fancy tips at my personal blog somewhere in the internet. I started a video on how to unlock the Samsung E-11900 and some other models. Fast, easy. But I haven't had the time to finish it yet.

I publish the stuff mostly in Portuguese, as there's much less material in Portuguese. But the videos are English as well.

I think that's all. Let me get back to work.

Oh, yes. I currently live in Rio, Brazil.
    10-30-2012 04:09 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Enjoy!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    10-30-2012 04:10 PM